• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming headphones.

Joni Nitro

Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
820
Reccomend some good headphones for gaming with or withour mic. Any good 5.1 type out there? I will be using this daily. Thanks

Sorry, I didnt realize this forum was here.
 
I've got the Sennheiser HD485s. They've been fantastic. They have great positioning, wonderful bass, easy to power, ultra comfy, and very nice overall sound. For around 80 bucks new, I don't know if you can get much better. If you have a higher budget, then i'll let some of the more knowledgable speaketh forth. :)

 
I have the gainward 5.1 headphones and they sound fairly nice. They are not gonna beat a high-end set for normal listening conditions, but if you have a nice 5.1 soundcard then they will blow you out of the water for games. Also I got mine for 30 bucks on zipzoomfly and they have lasted for a while now.
 
Beyer DTX800? Easily driven, great impact and positioning, super comfortable, cheap? Sounds like a winner to me.
 
I would stay away from any headphone with 5.1 surround sound in its title or description :)
 
I've got some beyerdynamic 770's that kick quite a boom and isolate fairly well. On the other hand, my sennheiser 580's are MUCH MORE comfy to wear...
 
banGerprawN said:
Beyer DTX800? Easily driven, great impact and positioning, super comfortable, cheap? Sounds like a winner to me.

I second these. They're great. :D
 
I will throw in the Audio Technica ATH-A900s. Easy to drive, closed design, nice bass, great positioning in games, and very forgiving for most types of music. Also make a great DVD movie can.
 
5.1 what??? i still have my plantronics audio 90 for the last 4 years and they haven't shown signs of wearing down anytime now :eek: Anyways just ordered a sennheiser hd555 and hopefully they'll kick my audio 90's ass. too bad they dont come with a mic so i guess im gonna ghetto rig myself with an audio 90 as a mic and the sennheiser as my headphones. Thinking of this all in my head while the headphones are in transit
 
my shure E2C’s (and by extension, all IEMs I’ve tried) are actually pretty damn good in games, better than my old 5.1 headphones... also are noise insulating and give you amazingly high quality music playback... only problem is any MP3s below 256 kps sound like shit on a good setup :p anyway, yeah, whole heartedly recommend a good set of IEMs over 5.1s
 
Thanks for all the input. I will be looking into some of the items mentioned and making a choice soon.
 
Joni Nitro said:
Thanks for all the input. I will be looking into some of the items mentioned and making a choice soon.
Yea, the Beyerdynamic DT990pro and DT770pro are good for games. They give you a "360º sound field"... so to speak.

Most decent high end headphones will do well in games. So this isn't so much the worry. It's gettings one that you think sounds good.
 
Back
Top