• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

gaming glasses?

I had a pair of 3d glasses, not the same brand though. I used them for a while on Quake and RTCW. Although they sorta worked and stuff was kinda 3d, they gave me a headache after about an hour of use, so I stopped using them. They're neat for a while, but definitely not worth $70 IMO. I got mine for about $30 on eBay.

A few things you might want to know though.
1. You'll get half the fps in any game because there are two different pictures displayed.
2. My glasses said you need 120Hz for them to work. That limits even high end monitors to 800x600, although I always used them at 85Hz at 1024x768 and they seemed to work. Maybe that's why I got the headaches though.
3. They only work with CRTs. So don't even bother if you have an LCD.
 
I just clicked around on ebay and was surprised to find the same exact brand for sell, ill see if I can snag some for dirt cheap. Only 3d glasses ive ever seen were helmet size and hundreds of dollars, glad you set me straight.
 
they're basically only good for flight simming really(i'm a flight simmer). with games liek quake and unreal your moving aroudn too much, it's too much neck movement really and you'll probably get a stiff neck or sore one at the least. with flight simming your not moving aroudn too much so its ok.(thats assuming your getting the one that follows your headmovements, if your not then theres really no point to theses glasses since the "3d" produced in them will not come close to the quality of just playing reguarly
 
Back
Top