Gaming Display for under £250?

acey

n00b
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
4
Hi guys,

I am looking to get a new monitor and it will be mainly games and browsing. It won't be used for movies at all really. Anyone got any recommendations? Anything is appreciated.
 
Those don't really exist in the UK. Neither does the black whatever sale..

OP: which do you prefer? 3D or very high frame rates assuming your GPU can do either, with not so great image quality and poor viewing angles (120hz TN), or good image quality, response and viewing angles at 60hz (IPS), or good image quality, viewing angles and deep blacks at 60hz, but not so great motion performance (*VA)?
 
You guys can't buy on Newegg? That sucks

Anyway, if his main caveat is gaming, 120hz is really worth it (IMO) and the colors / blacks/ etc on this TN display are quite good, it's really nothing to complain about at all. There's a reason a ton of gamers refuse(d) to switch from CRT, simply because until lately most LCD's are just subpar for gaming in terms of refresh rate and input delay.

The Planar is the best 120hz monitor out there right now, snatch it while it's hot.
 
Thanks to you both for the replies. Yeah, newegg don't do international delivery and the Planar display you linked to looks very good, but it isn't for sale in the UK anywhere.

I have a 570 GTX, so I can handle both. I am mainly looking for as low input lag as possible, deep blacks and 120Hz. I don't mind about 3D, if it doesn't affect the 2D then I am all for it. Also, it will only be used on a desk for PC gaming, so viewing angle doesn't matter. I have a seperate cinema system for things like gaming and films etc...
 
What are peoples opinion on the VG236HE? Looks like it ticks all the boxes.
 
Also is it worth going slightly over the £250 for a Samsung S23A700D?
 
Back
Top