• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming Deviced causing problems to games unless the device is turn off

zomby

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
334
Hey anyoned ever encounter something like this or similar, must be a drivers issue or game looking for a controller?

Scenario test #1: windows7 64bit, 1 deviced plug (G25 racing wheel)
When I entered a game (mostly first person shooter) its like I cant select anything on the menu, it keeps going to the last button automatically, as soon as I disabled my gaming deviced which is a Logitech G25 racing wheel, the game works, I can now scroll the menu. Why would a deviced cause something like this to a game.

Scenario test #2: windows xp pro xp3 2: deviced plug (G25 wheel and MS gamepad)
gamepad sensor button: green=turn off red= turn on
when I enter a first person game, it does the same thing, all I need is to push the sensor button on the gamepad to on then the game works fine even with both deviced plug in.

Looks like windows 7 64bit drivers with logitech is not great, what else could be giving this weird issue.
 
Sounds like a button is active on the G25. Maybe the steering wheel is turned one direction, or pedal is pressed, or some button stuck?
 
maybe, my 4 year old plays with it alot, but I no one was playing with it when it did occur.
 
I dunno, is there a way to find out, isnt keyboard always the primary controller?
 
I don't really think it's a logitech or windows issue. Most good racing games work perfectly fine with that wheel. It seems to pretty game-dependent on whether or not the wheel works properly and when you load up an FPS, it's likely the game won't be able to recognize the wheel to map any keys to the buttons.
 
Back
Top