Gaming Chair (Or Sac)

Pegleg Joe

Weaksauce
Our couch is pretty far from our TV so I'm thinking about getting some sort of gaming chair, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I've seen the banana type chairs (example) but those offer little head support and just fall over backwards. I've been thinking of getting some type of sack like this or this but they're ridiculously expensive. Wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations. Thanks in advance.

The Sumo Omni looks pretty nice, I'm tempted to get one myself. It doesn't seem as expensive as other beanbag chairs I've seen, but it might be kinda small. Who knows... the cute model they have in the screenshots may be under 5 foot for all we know. Although they do give it's dimensions (when lying flat) it's hard to imagine how big it would actually be when using it as a chair.

I have the omni and it's pretty big. Not as big as the pictures on their site make it seem, but still quite large.

I think it could use some more filling though as it seems to have a lot of area that is empty when put into a more chair like posture.

I'm happy with it though, comes in handy for the kids.

This review was pretty favorable to the Omni compared to the lovesac. CitizenTony does the Omni provide enough back support to an adult (about 5' 9") for long periods? I have a papasan (sp?) chair now that is OK, but doesn't provide enough head/back support to make me able to sti up straight to watch the TV. Thanks.

I just have a standard beanbag, But it gets uncomfortable sometimes so im looking for a similar thing. Im sick of looking at actual 'gaming chairs' because they are all too expensive and i dont want speakers or any of that crap.

I've also thought about welding a base onto a second hand car seat, basically sitting low is what i want. But Im also considering a rocking fold-up camping chair, because it will stash away easily and i can lean back with it.

This review was pretty favorable to the Omni compared to the lovesac. CitizenTony does the Omni provide enough back support to an adult (about 5' 9") for long periods? I have a papasan (sp?) chair now that is OK, but doesn't provide enough head/back support to make me able to sti up straight to watch the TV. Thanks.

It would really depend on how you set it up. I don't think it'll allow you to really sit up straight for a long period and offer any real support. But you may be able to figure out a shape that allows you too. I'm usually pretty slumped into the thing.

Once in a comfortable position it'll hold it's shape pretty well unless you move around a lot. It can be a bitch to get it perfect though, and once you get out it moves just enough to make it annoying.

That's really my only complaint, that it's a pain to get just right and keep it there. I'm not really sure it'll have enough support over a long period. You might be able to make it work.

We don't really use it for long periods though, really just another place to lay about on in the game room, and sometimes in front of the TV.

I've got a couple of the banana chairs at my house and I love em. Picked up at our local furniture store for $40...no frills or speakers or sillyness, just a cheap comfortbable gaming chair

Back