• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gaming bottleneck

Trashman

n00b
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
3
Rig is listed as follows:
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
E6420 @ 2.13 Ghz
4 GB Patriot DDR2 800
Radeon 4870 1 GB
Acer 22"

I think I bottleneck in a lot of games right now when I try and max settings (Demigod, Supreme Commander, etc) due to the CPU. Either I'm going to OC the E6420 or buy a quad-core, depending on how newer games are utilizing the CPU's. I definitely plan on getting Bioshock 2 next month and the base requirements start with my CPU...what should I do?
 
most comments i see on newegg say that processor is really easy to OC to 3.1ghz so i would try that out and if it doesnt help get a quad core i suppose.
 
Upgrade. A dual core, 2.13ghz isn't going to cut it. Even if you do OC it's still going to require an upgrade sooner then later.

Demigod ran great maxed on my computer at 2.66 before I oc'd.
 
if you live near a microcenter get yourself a q9550. make sure that your mb has whatever bios update it needs to support 45nm quads.
 
Back
Top