Gaming at 1400x900 on a widescreen 19" LCD Comments?

ElMoIsEviL

Gawd
I'm looking into moving away from my 4:3 LCD screen (Hyundai L90D+) and moving towards a widescreen setup. Mainly because I preffer the widescreen look over teh 4:3 ratio.

Now I have a few questions. And oddly enough they're not Video Card manufacture biased.

I own both an x1900XTX and a 7900GTX. Will I experience any compatibility issues with games at 1400x900?

The main games I run are:

Battlefield 2
F.E.A.R
Oblivion
& WOW.

I don't need a larger gaming LCD so please no suggestions for a larger screen (Sony Bravia 46" Widescreen LCD in the living room for movies and TV).

Again... any issues with the above game or any other games using 16:9 rather then 4:3?

Ive a 2005fpw, bf2 and fear dont support widescreen properly, has to be enabled through messing with a config file.

Chris_B said:
Ive a 2005fpw, bf2 and fear dont support widescreen properly, has to be enabled through messing with a config file.

But it works when messing with the config files?

And what video card did you try it on?

It works but its not true widescreen, card is x1900xtx.

bf2 can be forced to run widescreen resolutions through the shortcut commands. The in-game HUD does not scale to the widescreen resolution, resulting in a game that runs fine at wide aspect ratios but appears distorted because of the HUD. Check out widescreengamignforum.com for screenshots of almost every game running widescreen vs. 4:3.

Back