gaming 65" display

Astroman

Gawd
I got a new Mitsu 65" 65732.

PC is connected via DVI, desktop resolution set to 1920 x 1080. I'm Using Nvidia's overscan compensation and want to play bf2 in full res, but my system just can't handle it.

So, what is a resolution that is good to scale down to from the native res of my screen?

btw, movies and games on a 65" is incredible!!!

do I need 2 8800s in SLI and a dual core to run smooth at this res?

One 8800GTS and a E6300 will be plenty enough to enjoy BF2 at that resolution. Oh my, gaming on a 65"... gotta be a dream :D

Yeah and remember the physical size of the screen means nothing. Its the pixels.

A 1680X1050 at 20" will make a graphic card work as the same rate on a 1680X1050 at 1000"

I know that size doesn't matter if resolution stays the same. I was just pointing out that I got a big one and I'm happy about it LOL!

woo hoo lets see if this works:

CIMG0400.jpg

I just did something pretty funny and it is a result of lack of sleep. When i was look'n at the pic I had my curser on your screen and i was going to tell you it looked like your res was set to 800x600 cuz of the size of the cursor I was seeing! :p Awesome set-up BTW. Nice tiles :D

you know, I had a feeling someone would make a comment about the socks with sandals, so I'll explain lol.

I got home from work, took off my shoes, and was sitting in front of the computer playing bf2. The tile was really cold and I started freezing to death so I put my "sandals" on over my socks to insulate my feet from the tile.

I would NEVER wear socks with sandals in public. Just funny how I took a picture of it and posted it here eh? lol.

The setup rocks, its very temporary right now though with the surround sub sitting on the floor and wires across the room etc. The room is pre-wired so that will all be set up right in due time, and the nitch where the tv sits will be fitted with custom cabinets and shelves to give it a finished look.

The best part is my wife actually ENCOURAGED me to bring the PC down and hook it up to the big-screen!!

And I bet you guys thought I was single lol.

Astroman said:
The best part is my wife actually ENCOURAGED me to bring the PC down and hook it up to the big-screen!!

And I bet you guys thought I was single lol.

Ye rubber dolls don't count as wife's lol just messin wid you mate, nice set up love it

Back