Gamign Soundcard

shizdan

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
1,056
I need a gaming soundcard......i had an xifi xtremegamer but it blew up on me...and i want to be able to use it in vista 64 with eax
 
If you can afford it and you can find it in stock, I would recommend the auzentech x-fi prelude. You can get more information at www.auzentech.com. It should be a very good upgrade from your xtremegamer in terms of sound quality, compatibility, and performance, while retaining most of the x-fi featureset and gaining some features that creative's offerings lack atm. Another benefit is if you had issues with SCP in the past, these should become a non-issue. Personally, I ordered mine from NCIX since it was the cheapest price I could find @ $185 USD total. There are several reviews posted, such as hardware canucks, elite bastards, and guru3d that will provide more details. Or you can do a quick google search as well. As far as vista x64 and eax, you will find on these forums that some people have had issues and others haven't. I believe most problems may be a result of their particular setups, so it should work for the most part. Your mileage may vary. If you have any more questions, just send me a message and I'll happily oblige.
 
@ kumquatsrus:
What gaming features does the auzentech x-fi prelude offer, that a creative X-Fi dosn't offer?
Remember he asked for a gaming soundcard, not a sound creation sound card ect.
 
the predule is like a XFI and a Auzentech X-merdian fused together with a fusion dance. the only diffents is the predule has better stock opamps then the XFI. and then has one replaceable opamp slot.
 
the predule is like a XFI and a Auzentech X-merdian fused together with a fusion dance. the only diffents is the predule has better stock opamps then the XFI. and then has one replaceable opamp slot.

Again, what influence does this have on gaming? :confused:
 
@Atech,

Sorry, I should have been more clear as I meant features in general and not necessarily gaming-specific. Thanks for pointing that out to me :). I also got ahead of myself as I was referring to the future driver-enabled DD Live and DTS Interactive. Whether or not Creative decides to match this in the future with X-Fi 2 or Super HD Xtreme Fi to the Max series still remains to be seen, so I can only speculate at this point. Unless they decide to stop developing new sound tech and just continue the possible trend of licensing their X-Fi chips, we really won't know for sure. So for now, I still highly recommend this card based on my personal experience with it. I think improved aural clarity can only help immerse the player in the gaming experience as this card has proven to me. So unless he wants to replace his card with the same Xtreme Gamer on the cheap (which I seriously doubt) and still wants EAX 5, then I would suggest investing a little more in the Prelude over the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series for a gaming soundcard. Overall, I think the Prelude is the best gaming sound card on the market right now. Also, I don't know about you but I'm not a big fan of the flexijack on Creative's cards either. The XtremeGamer Fatal1ty is still an excellent card though for the price.
 
Again, what influence does this have on gaming? :confused:

Better qualty sound because of the better stock opamps for analog. and then if you have digital systems and still want eax5 you could use DD live after they enable it with drivers updates.
 
@Atech,

Sorry, I should have been more clear as I meant features in general and not necessarily gaming-specific. Thanks for pointing that out to me :). I also got ahead of myself as I was referring to the future driver-enabled DD Live and DTS Interactive. Whether or not Creative decides to match this in the future with X-Fi 2 or Super HD Xtreme Fi to the Max series still remains to be seen, so I can only speculate at this point. Unless they decide to stop developing new sound tech and just continue the possible trend of licensing their X-Fi chips, we really won't know for sure. So for now, I still highly recommend this card based on my personal experience with it. I think improved aural clarity can only help immerse the player in the gaming experience as this card has proven to me. So unless he wants to replace his card with the same Xtreme Gamer on the cheap (which I seriously doubt) and still wants EAX 5, then I would suggest investing a little more in the Prelude over the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series for a gaming soundcard. Overall, I think the Prelude is the best gaming sound card on the market right now. Also, I don't know about you but I'm not a big fan of the flexijack on Creative's cards either. The XtremeGamer Fatal1ty is still an excellent card though for the price.

Ah, I see now :)
 
Better qualty sound because of the better stock opamps for analog. and then if you have digital systems and still want eax5 you could use DD live after they enable it with drivers updates.

Wouldn't it be prudent to ask what speaker system the OP has then? ;)
 
The real question is if Prelude is worth $110 over the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series because currently at NCIX Prelude can be pre-ordered for CDN$199 while Fatal1ty Pro is CDN$89 after CDN$50 rebate until Tuesday.
 
Back
Top