Gametrailers GOTY...

son_i_am_disappoint.gif

I will never again visit this site. Not only do their reviews have way to many spoilers, if this is the type of gamers they are (if you even like MW2 to begin with), I want no part of your opinion.

GT sucks. Screw that shit. Killzone 2 wasnt even mentioned in the PS3 nominees and they went ahead and gave it to MW2 as well, when Uncharted 2 eats it for dinner and shits it out as diarrhea. Fuckin tards.

lol wow.. they just lost all credit.. ( like they ever had any )

lol wow.. they just lost all credit.. ( like they ever had any )

I REALLY like their video reviews, personally. They're long enough to get the hang of (vs IGNs and others 1.5 min long "video review"), and put both the positives and the negatives of each game in a good, non biased manner.

This is definitely stupid, but GT is still my #1 review site

I'm going to burn my copy of MW2 because of this, I swear.

I bought it used (360) and I want my money and time back. Not just biggest letdown of the year, I nominate it for worst game of the year.

What bullshit....but GT never had much credit with me.

COD4 was some awesome...how did they go so wrong... :-/

Ugh and to think i used to like gametrailers for their relatively painless HD trailer streaming. Sickens me how a little $$$ can make whoever do whatever.

My overall GOTY is Uncharted 2. I own all platforms and very rarely play my PS3, so that should say something about it, heh.

I don't understand why anyone would voluntarily ruin their credibility by selling out like that as if it's not obvious at all. That's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
was a slow year and modern warfare 2 was a huge seller so they have all the cash in the world to burn on paying off internet game reviewers. Like it or not, Kotick is probably sitting on his yacht in the mediterreanean with topless women while folks like us complain about the GOTY winner.

well, Gametrailers is just one site. Most sites I've visited didn't even give MW2 an award.

I saw that Gamespot's GOTY was Demon's Souls. I personally thought it should be Uncharted 2.

I saw that Gamespot's GOTY was Demon's Souls. I personally thought it should be Uncharted 2.

At least both Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2 are worthy contenders, along with Dragon Age. MW2 winning is a complete joke.

Gamespot's reasoning behind picking Demon's Souls were sound and acceptable. It really does bring a lot of neat innovation to the gaming community.

Wait a second. Now this game made so much money already, of all games why would infinity ward or whoever need to pay a low level review site to give their game awards? It just doesn't seem logical to me

like were infinity ward thinking "our game is the most successful of the past year, but that's not good enough let's bribe a review site because hey we need more success

Wait a second. Now this game made so much money already, of all games why would infinity ward or whoever need to pay a low level review site to give their game awards? It just doesn't seem logical to me

like were infinity ward thinking "our game is the most successful of the past year, but that's not good enough let's bribe a review site because hey we need more success
low level review site? what the heck are you smoking? gametrailers is tied in with all the major game developers and even spiketv carries their show once a week. hell they had a four part interview with infinity ward just a few weeks ago.

THIS IS FUCKEN BUllshit
what about Uncharted 2 for best ps3 ?

i guess you can't blame Gametrailers for taking the $$$$!

low level review site? what the heck are you smoking? gametrailers is tied in with all the major game developers and even spiketv carries their show once a week. hell they had a four part interview with infinity ward just a few weeks ago.

that's where the money exchanged hands bro

Mac[X-D];1035133035 said:
best GOTY discussion and results on the net, well worth the almost 4 hour listening time.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/?podcast_id=133

Yeah, their stuff is really well done and they actually had the sense to include a best multiplatform category, instead of blanketing the same 5 games for each platform. Guess I should visit this site more often. I don't recall Gametrailers using a single platform exclusive in any of their GOTY categories. Seriously retarded.

LOL at Modern Warfare 2 being game of the year for all.
What happened to Uncharted 2 or Assassin's Creed 2? How about Dragon Age.

Last edited:
Back