Gameswipe TV programme. Funny stuff

spicey

Supreme [H]ardness
I found this on the BBC site last night. Nice to find a quality broadcast on gaming.

I found sections of it hilarious, the 50 Cent piece in particular. Also the bit where Charlie Brooker is playing CoD WaW and pauses it to have a swig of a can, belches and goes back to mindless killing had me in stiches. Charlie Brooker is very funny, I remember him from the PC Zone days, very articulate and seeringly cynical.

Definitely worth a watch. Originally broadcast on BBC Four. 50 minutes long and only available today and tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n1j8q/b00n1j2s/Charlie_Brookers_Gameswipe/

"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only"

Or one part in a torrent. I also like Brooker's Newswipe and Screenwipe.

He made some good points about how everybody plays games, but Television doesn't know what to do with them, always speaks in condescending tones and always has them explained by some guy that doesn't understand them at all.

What I didn't like was that it felt like a catalog in some places, but I think it was sort of the point.

I like when he talked about giving the Nazi's in Wolfenstein a backstory. "There's Christmas fucked for your kids"

kind of like a mellow version of yahtzee, with punctuation but no flash drawrings.

According to wikipedia,

"Croshaw cites the work of British television critic and PC Zone journalist Charlie Brooker as the "main inspiration" for his own reviewing style"

He also co-wrote Nathan Barley which was spot-on
Social satire at its very best...Loved that show. Have you ever heard of the website TVGOHome it was maintained by Brooker and was the birth place of Barly. It was a fake TV listing with fake shows and descriptions which he made.

TrashBat dot cock registered in the Cook Islands. Funny Stuff.

You watch much Chris Morris shows? He helped him write Nathan Barly.

Gameswipe was excellent no new knowledge really but I love Charlie's approach with his scathing critisim and cynicisim.It is a bit of a shame that it iPlayer is only available in the UK. You actually are suppose to have a TV licence to use iPlayer as it is from the BBC, rediculous.

Newswipe and Screenwipe are great shows too, but Newswipe was very "of the time" commenting on the current affairs of the week.

Social satire at its very best...Loved that show. Have you ever heard of the website TVGOHome it was maintained by Brooker and was the birth place of Barly. It was a fake TV listing with fake shows and descriptions which he made.

TrashBat dot cock registered in the Cook Islands. Funny Stuff.

You watch much Chris Morris shows? He helped him write Nathan Barly.

Gameswipe was excellent no new knowledge really but I love Charlie's approach with his scathing critisim and cynicisim.It is a bit of a shame that it iPlayer is only available in the UK. You actually are suppose to have a TV licence to use iPlayer as it is from the BBC, rediculous.

Newswipe and Screenwipe are great shows too, but Newswipe was very "of the time" commenting on the current affairs of the week.

The TVGOHome site is still in archive form. Funny stuff indeed

I missed the Nathan Barley series, I'm going to try and grab a cheap copy off eBay.

Yeah, I really enjoy the 'wipes programmes, not enough of them though. I wish it was more frequent like Harry Hill's TV Burp.

Back