Gamestop trade-in program....

gregnash

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
2,164
So I recently traded my old psp-2000 star wars edition for a good softball bat (I havent used the psp in over a year and I am playing softball a couple times a week). Anyways, so I was looking to see how much I could get for my games that the buyer didn't want from the PSP and found that GS has a trade-in program for the new X360 Slim... With what I could trade-in for my 360, plus the few bucks from the PSP games, I would effectively take care of half the cost of the new 360 slim... But would I be better off trying to sell my old 360 (its just over a year old Arcade) or would the slim trade-in be better...

Here is what I have:
Xbox 360 Arcade ($100 trade-in)
60gb HDD kit ($35 trade-in)
Wireless G adapter ($40 trade-in)
Plus whatever I can get for the following PSP games: Final Fantasy Tactics:War of the Lions, Jeanne D'Arc, SOCOM Tactical Strike, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. (Figuring probably $5 per game)

Also, is there a way to transfer my data for my game saves, etc. off the 360 and then to the new 360?
 
Note.... just noticed in the fine print that this deal is only good until 7/18... So looks like I may be jumping on this quickly if it seems like its a good deal.
 
yeah, you can use a USB stick to transfer saved games (and probably some of your other media)

If you go to account management in XBL, you can also redownload everything that you've purchased on live.
 
I think the arcade trade is a good deal just because of the recent Target deal and the inevitable CL flood of arcades. You might do better selling the wirless adapter and harddrive on CL.
 
I ended up doing the trade in. With the recent sales of arcades ($100 after GC), hacked 120gb drives going on ebay for 40-50, and wireless included on the new elite I went the same route.

I'm tempted to just list the newer slim on CL after, however I knew listing my old stuff was mission impossible. The current market for older arcades/elites is flooded on CL and Ebay and I highly doubt you will get the trade in values that game stop is offering it.

How I handled the transfer was I had a 8GB USB Memory Stick. Initialized it on the xbox, go to memory management, select Y when selecting your hard disk, and select the items you want transferred (saved games, profiles, and etc). Exclude any DLC, unless you have room, as you can redownload that.

When you get the new xbox perform the reverse.
 
Ok so you can transfer saved games and your profile to a memory stick and then transfer to the new 360... That is really what I was looking for. I don't care about the saved installs on my HDD or the dlc as that can all be redone.

Sweet thanks for the info.
 
Getting $140 for my elite would actually be a pretty good deal.
 
Back
Top