• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GameStop opens retro store locations

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Joined
Jan 28, 2014
Messages
54,594
Looks like some of their stuff is overpriced compared to the independent stores around me, but you could score some unsold, factory sealed items. There is one 40 miles away from me, so I may check it out.

https://www.gamestop.com/retro-store-locator

https://x.com/gamestop/status/1828560010160546142
https://nitter.poast.org/gamestop/status/1828560010160546142

1725456314391.png
 
The only one near me is one. It was the last surviving one out of 5 in my town.
 
I bet they don't offer good prices for Retro games maybe .50 cent for xbox 360 titles and 20.00 for Chrono Trigger in Mint.
 
DFW has 4, but I already have my favorite gaming store out of the whole area.

https://www.founditgames.com/
My favorite lost everything when Hurricane Ian hit a couple years ago. The shop was in a low-lying area right by the beach and the whole thing was flooded. Thanks to the community including myself, they raised enough money to reopen. The owner was a teacher who decided to make this their primary job.

https://www.facebook.com/8bithalloffame/
https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-...e-reopens-in-new-location-after-hurricane-ian
 
My favorite lost everything when Hurricane Ian hit a couple years ago. The shop was in a low-lying area right by the beach and the whole thing was flooded. Thanks to the community including myself, they raised enough money to reopen. The owner was a teacher who decided to make this their primary job.

https://www.facebook.com/8bithalloffame/
https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-...e-reopens-in-new-location-after-hurricane-ian
Its unfortunate that the main web page is FB. I can't even get access to it w/o an account (which I don't have or use if I'm counting IG).

Not like that matters since I'd be going in person anyways if I lived in your area.
 
Out local Gamestop closed shop was fun while it lasted. I supported way back in the early 2000s I even picked up a collectors edition of Dark Souls 2 there.Titan Quest from 2006 a PS4 which I traded in like 8 years ago. The guy behind the counter gave me a tip on how to roll up controller cords even he said never wrap them around the controller but use your arm lol.
 
Last edited:
I remember going to funcoland and looking through the cabinet of snes carts. Think that's where I got my copy of zombies ate my neighbors. Gamestop seems to be searching for their identity lately. Hopefully they bring some value to the gaming community.
 
Heck, i'd walk into a physical game stop store just to engage in memory recall of what I was doing those days and weeks I was LAST in a game stop. :D
 
Back
Top