GameStop Eyeballs Steam's Milkshake, Uses Battlefield 3 as the straw.

Impulse was very cool, unlimited downloads, faster downloads than steam. Now I'm not sure about things with gamestop in charge. Gamersgate has been having a lot of great deals though. Haven't heard anything bad from them.

Wouldn't surprise me. I won't care if it does myself.

If it's good enough for Steam and Valve, even on a number of third party games like Fear 3 and Fallout New Vegas where I HAVE to have Steam to play them, then I guess it's good enough for EA on their own first party games.

It wouldn't be surprising, but it would be a radical change from the way Origin/EADM has always operated. You have never needed to run the program after downloading your games. Altering that would actually make me rather unhappy. I have no problem letting Steam run since I routinely talk with the people on my friend's list. I have absolutely no interest in the social features of Origin and having to run it all the time would simply be annoying.

Out of curiosity, does the retail / boxed version of Crysis 2 require an Origin account to play?

I love buying my games on Steam out of convenience, but when I'm inconvenienced I'm just as happy to fall back on retail.

However, if the boxed copies of EA games require an install of origin that's a deal breaker.

I will never buy a game from Gamestop or their shitty digital distribution companies.

Fuck Gamestop and fuck EA

Valve has spent years building a relationship of trust with consumers.

Gamestop has spent years screwing people over for short term gains. I will never buy a game from Gamestop.

Absolutely 100% this.

When has gamestop even held a fucking sale ever?

Gamestop employees are 99% of the time rude, ignorant and they just plain don't give a shit.

Absolutely 100% this.

When has gamestop even held a fucking sale ever?

Gamestop employees are 99% of the time rude, ignorant and they just plain don't give a shit.

While I agree with you on customer loyalty and that Gamestop loves to fuck over its customers. However they have sales often but they are only for trade in offers for console games , otherwise they don't do shit for PC gamers. Part of the reason they bought Stardock.

I've worked at Gamestop though and seen first hand the amount of bullshit they pull on customers. I'll just buy BF3 at Fry's and call it a done deal.

While I agree with you on customer loyalty and that Gamestop loves to fuck over its customers. However they have sales often but they are only for trade in offers for console games , otherwise they don't do shit for PC gamers. Part of the reason they bought Stardock.

I've worked at Gamestop though and seen first hand the amount of bullshit they pull on customers. I'll just buy BF3 at Fry's and call it a done deal.

Gamestop didn't buy Stardock, they bought Impulse.

Back