GameStop and Target are Cancelling Nintendo Switch Preorders Due to Shortage

More Fucking false scarcity BS from Nintendo. The tech in the switch is all commercially available already, there is nothing new or innovative that would necessitate a shortage. Nintendo just like to create false scarcity to fuel unreasonable consumer demand, and in the mean time the worthless troll human garbage ebay scalpers are the winners while normal people who just want to play some games are the losers. Fuck Nintendo and their BS, this is exactly why consoles are a dying industry. Video game consumers are no longer primarily children the 80's are over Nintendo wake up, the people that play your games are 25+ and most are old enough that they have no patience for your BS.

Pretty much sums it up.

More Fucking false scarcity BS from Nintendo. The tech in the switch is all commercially available already, there is nothing new or innovative that would necessitate a shortage. Nintendo just like to create false scarcity to fuel unreasonable consumer demand, and in the mean time the worthless troll human garbage ebay scalpers are the winners while normal people who just want to play some games are the losers. Fuck Nintendo and their BS, this is exactly why consoles are a dying industry. Video game consumers are no longer primarily children the 80's are over Nintendo wake up, the people that play your games are 25+ and most are old enough that they have no patience for your BS.

Pretty much sums it up.

Consoles are not dying. That is a myth. In the 3 years and 3 months the PS4 has been out it's sold nearly 54 million units, that's more than the Wii sold in 3 and 1/2 years. Based on the last estimate of the XB1 being behind by half that still puts it at 27 million units sold (and it might even be closer to 30 given that it had a few really good months last year). Over 80 million consoles sold in under three and a half years is not bad at all. If PS4 sales keeps staying roughly 3-4 months a head of the Wii's numbers it will break 70m by the end of the year or early next year.

too bad some of those people did a 180 and have already pulled their support saying that at some point they might consider support if it takes off and becomes a highly profitable system. EA was one of the first to jump ship. Which was followed by others. So that list isn't that spot on anymore.

That's totally false. They said that during the Wii U's lifespan which is why those same companies pulled out. These are new deals made with those companies for the Switch so they did not just pull support all of a sudden unless you are talking about another company not on that image.

Fuck Nintendo and their BS, this is exactly why consoles are a dying industry. Video game consumers are no longer primarily children the 80's are over Nintendo wake up, the people that play your games are 25+ and most are old enough that they have no patience for your BS.

Pretty much sums it up.

Console adoption grows with every generation. It's nowhere near dying and never will. I love PC gaming, but have and always will have consoles b/c there are absolutely wonderful titles on the consoles you can't play anywhere else, and it's a shame that people feel so militant about this and refuse to buy consoles while bitching about specs and other bullshit when they are missing out on truly wonderful experiences on consoles. Some of the best games i've ever played are on consoles. Why not just speak for yourself instead of insisting that "everyone" thinks like you?

I also want to add that I love Nintendo games, am 30 years old, and I am old enough to be patient when it comes to purchasing the Switch until there is either A: enough good games to justify purchase, or B: a price drop.

Back