Gamestop 50% extra credit til' 3/14

Just a heads up for you guys, went in last night to Gamestop to trade in Dante's Inferno for Heavy Rain and to my suprise I got a little over 50 bucks for the trade in with the extra 50% and my edge card.

I asked the clerk how long it lasts and it run till March 14th.

So if you have some games laying around and you want to get rid of them,
nows the time.

Last edited:
Just a heads for you guys, went in last night to Gamestop to trade in Dante's Inferno for Heavy Rain and to my suprise I got a little over 50 bucks for the trade in with the extra 50% and my edge card.

I asked the clerk how long it lasts and it run till March 14th.

So if you have some games laying around and you want to get rid of them,
nows the time.
Well, you're only going to get that kind of result from a very recent game. Anything more than a couple months old is going to get you considerably less trade-in credit.

Hmmm - I have a big stack of PS2 games and launch 360/PS3 games that I haven't touched in years. Maybe it's time I clear all of those out...

Fuck it, Goozex all the way. I once I ship Valk Chronicles I'll have 1500 points accrued. Wondering what to get....... Probably Demons Soul or hope someones done with Heavy Rain already.

If I had any tenacity in completing a new game, I could see the value in that, as each new game doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. Sadly, I take forever, so renting remains the best option I think.

I got rid of stuff I'll never have time to touch- going to get BF:BC2 for free now, which is the only way I could be playing it so soon.

I bought Heavy Rain last night and saw this special. I'll be able to trade it in towards a GoW3 preorder in a week, and hopefully not lose more than $15-20.

I asked them what Uncharted 2 is worth and they said they're giving $37.xx with the 50% bonus. Not bad at all. A lot easier than running an ebay auction.

my problem is that i've been lucky and really enjoyed my last 5 or 6 purchases. if i was going to trade anything in it would be older games, and i still feel like i'm getting ripped off. i'm just not big on trading in, i guess

Usually I find that even with Gamestop's trade in promotions, Amazon is still a much better deal. This promo looks good though, however I suspect its value is really limited to trading in new games. Also its sad that they have to up their normal trade in rates 50% before the numbers start to look decent. Amazon takes more games, gives you more for them, and does not have a bunch of restrictions about what does and does not qualify for promotion X. Heck I just got $6 to 8 each for a bunch of Gamecube games and Blu Ray movies. Used my Amazon credit to pickup BFBC2 for $60, and then BFBC2 comes with a $20 gift card to buy more games...

Amazon gives you a free shipping label too. I mailed in some games to them on Tuesday and got my credit this morning.

I bought Heavy Rain last night and saw this special. I'll be able to trade it in towards a GoW3 preorder in a week, and hopefully not lose more than $15-20.

I asked them what Uncharted 2 is worth and they said they're giving $37.xx with the 50% bonus. Not bad at all. A lot easier than running an ebay auction.

Half.com, an ebay run site, is a good indicator of the price of used games. You pay a flat price for a game, and you pay with a straight up credit card. Pretty much every game I've bought in the last year has come from that site. I just avoid people with 0 feedback.

50% more credit!?!?!? Sweet, so most of my game will go from $0.50 to $0.75!

You gotto remember as well, GS usually offers extra trade-in credit towards certain high name games (Heavy Rain is one of em).

This actually makes the trade-in prices just about bearable..... wish i had some games sitting around to take in there.

50% more credit!?!?!? Sweet, so most of my game will go from $0.50 to $0.75!

A friend of mine traded in a year old Madden Game UNOPENED (won it at some slave labor promotion by EA) and got 11 cents.

Some of these games really get nothing. lol

You gotto remember as well, GS usually offers extra trade-in credit towards certain high name games (Heavy Rain is one of em).

No this was no promo for specific games, their not gonna give you 50% extra and a bonus for a specific game.

They're not going to be that nice, this is gamestop were talking about.

$37 after the 50%? That's an insult.

If I have a game that I know I'm never going to play again I generally have no problem taking whatever they'll give me. I don't see how it's an "insult" to get significantly less that you paid for the game. They're going to sell it used, and they need to make a profit on it. Maybe it's not as much as you'd like, but for me Gamestop is generally the most convenient option, and something is definitely better than nothing.

A friend of mine traded in a year old Madden Game UNOPENED (won it at some slave labor promotion by EA) and got 11 cents.

Some of these games really get nothing. lol

Have you ever seen the number of year old madden games they have on their used shelf?

If I have a game that I know I'm never going to play again I generally have no problem taking whatever they'll give me. I don't see how it's an "insult" to get significantly less that you paid for the game. They're going to sell it used, and they need to make a profit on it. Maybe it's not as much as you'd like, but for me Gamestop is generally the most convenient option, and something is definitely better than nothing.

So you spend $60 on a game 6 months ago and have no problem taking $15 for it even though they'll sell it for $55?

So you spend $60 on a game 6 months ago and have no problem taking $15 for it
Okay, valid question...
even though they'll sell it for $55?
Huh? Why would someone care what a buyer (Gamestop in this case) is going to do with the item they bought (you know, unless you're an EULA purveyor)? It's not the seller (or Gamestop, for that matter) you should be concerned with but the person who subsequently buys the used game. After all, if that person didn't exist, Gamestop would reduce the prices on their used games.

So you spend $60 on a game 6 months ago and have no problem taking $15 for it even though they'll sell it for $55?

I don't care what they do with a game after I trade it in. I also usually buy games used, so I rarely pay full price.

Okay, valid question...

Huh? Why would someone care what a buyer (Gamestop in this case) is going to do with the item they bought (you know, unless you're an EULA purveyor)? It's not the seller (or Gamestop, for that matter) you should be concerned with but the person who subsequently buys the used game. After all, if that person didn't exist, Gamestop would reduce the prices on their used games.

I believe his point is with the slightest more effort you could sell your games on ebay, half.com or amazon and probably get more then the $35 they offer you. That is only store credit. By selling it yourself you get cash. Gamestop generates two sells for every tradein. You buying another game with the store credit they give you, and the selling of your old used game.

Back