Gamespy?

UberPooner

Limp Gawd
Hi, i was wondering how many of you guys use gamespy, and what your opinions are on it.

Last time I used gamespy (3d) almost daily was back in the old Quake 1 / 2 days. Then somewhere in the time i spent playing Tribes and begining of quake 3, gamespy turned into gamespy arcade and I have never really like or used it since. If I remember correctly about that same time frame gaming on a modem died to the cable/dsl

back in the day i used MPlayer for Rainbow Six and then Rogue Spear, then MPlayer was bought out by Gamespy. I used Gamespy, bought a membership, which at the time was $25 for Lifetime, so yeah, i still have it with my lifetime membership, thats the only reason i have it installed though.

i used gamespy for a while, then i found about ASE (the all-seeing eye). i used that for a long ass time...

I used to use GSA when I played R6 (yes the first one), and I also played the card games they had, they had a good system. I still played the card games up until they took them away, team spades was awesome and I liked the program they had to keep track. Once they took that away GSA was pretty much useless for me.

Ugh, I've used GameSpy in the past. Hated it.

I can find many other programs that suit my needs much easier/better.

Hi, i was wondering how many of you guys use gamespy, and what your opinions are on it.
I liked it when it was QuakeSpy. :)

I stopped using it after it became bloated nagware. I used PingTool for a time before switching to All-Seeing-Eye. I gave up playing online years ago, so, like a few of the posters here, it's been nearly a decade since I've used it.

it was great for quake 2, tribes 1 & 2 and battlezone 2

then the fuckers stopped supporting it:mad: :rolleyes:

Back