• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

GameSpy Stats?

-XE-X-

n00b
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
13
Just curious, because I've found out in the past that the numbers can be off... are GameSpy's stats even relatively accurate?

They've got 20,000+ players listed for Betafield 2 and I didn't think that many people were still playing. There been in a surge in Betafield recently?

I contacted them once about it, and they gave me some gibberish about what's reported to them from servers. It wasn't even sensible.

I also found for myself with certain games that the numbers were way off, just checking out how many servers were running and how many were actually full etc. some time ago. I certainly never saw 4,000+ servers in Betafield 2, ever, as is listed on their stats page.

Anyway, just curious as to how accurate their numbers really are and where they're even getting that stat info from.
 
I do, as they have everything broken-down into lists with mods listed etc. But as I said, right now they're listing around 19,000 players for CQ (normal game mode) in BF2, which seems insanely high, making me think something is up with their stats system.
 
You called them about it man u must have no life? Who really cares anyways there are so many good FPS MP games out now who cares about BF2 or since ur so l33t betafield 2.
 
You called them about it man u must have no life? Who really cares anyways there are so many good FPS MP games out now who cares about BF2 or since ur so l33t betafield 2.

Just chill-out there, smart-ass. No, I didn't call them, I emailed them some time ago, just out of curiosity. I happen to be involved in the industry, fuck-whit.

The "Betafield" comment was simply a joke, and has nothing to do with being "l33t", as you so mindlessly and childishly stated. No one said I "cared" or didn't "care" about BF2. It was used as an example.

Someone being curious about a site's stats for game servers, when you're a gamer, somehow is equivalent to having "no life"? Right.

Fuckers like you, little dickless, mouthy internet "tough-guys", need to learn to be a little more mature, or learn not to bother responding to posts at all.

Christ.
 
Back
Top