Games you wish people still played...

Terr0r said:
ut2k4 onslaught COMPETITIVELY. this game sucked in pubs, but when people scrimmed or played in matches it was the most fun ive ever had playing a video game
UT2k4 Onslaught was killed when CPL decided to switch the summer event from Onslaught to Deathmatch. I had a team and was a day away from booking the hotel when they pulled that shit out of their ass.

Hurley_2002 said:
HELL YES! Finally someone that was a myth junkie like me. I was awesome back in the day on Enter the Spiderweb :)
haha SAME. no one played this game but it was probably the best RTS ever..... i mean it basicly was RTS kinda. just like, entirely micro. I was wicked with dwarfs, i used to pwn fetches up and down. I dont remmeber the levels except if i had a trow, which was awesome on the original but sucked cuz alot of the times leaders wouldn't give units lol. seriously tho, terrrible MP setup but best game..... ever

Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge
Tribes 2
Total Annihilation

The last one was just way ahead of its time, it came out the year before starcraft (and got goty) but it just ran too slow when you used huge maps/insane number of units...

now on much faster machines its really playable and a lot of fun... I still play it sometimes with some friends and its great, attacking each other with like 200 planes and stuff the whole screen is like going insane and just watching the K/D ratio go crazy lol

Operation flashpoint. QWTF & QW Arena god I miss beinga fucking rocket soldier on 1vs1soldier map.

UT99 baby instagib CTF was the real deal, tighter communtiy back then than most rpg's have now.

Boardin087 said:
haha SAME. no one played this game but it was probably the best RTS ever..... i mean it basicly was RTS kinda. just like, entirely micro. I was wicked with dwarfs, i used to pwn fetches up and down. I dont remmeber the levels except if i had a trow, which was awesome on the original but sucked cuz alot of the times leaders wouldn't give units lol. seriously tho, terrrible MP setup but best game..... ever
Touche, I remember the ranking system. The excitement you'd get getting a emp. I came close to getting moon once but the skill players had at that level was just way too hard haha.

Asheron's Call

I doubt anyone here feels the same way, but that game was the shit back in 2000

Stu55 said:
Mechwarrior 4, :), my favorite mw though was 2...
LOL, to each their own.
I didn't care for what they did to the mechlab in 4. They seemed to cripple it to a point that discouraged small fast mechs. I liked using small fast mechs in MW3, and squeezing good weapons and heat management in was half the fun.

Tekara said:
C&C: renegade. . . now that was a fun game if you could get a bunch of people rocking on one server.

First game that really got me hooked. Used to play under the name Cobrasnot.

Completely miss the tight maps and having to save money to purchase your next player after you died was an awsome idea..

SAKURA FTW... (well black hand if I was skint)

Yeah, it did take some thinking and time to configure mechs, I was always a Daishi man myself, although a fast scout for ctf was always fun too.

cieje said:
umm tons of people still play cs:s haha

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

look at hl2 - the cstrike mod (cs:s) is the most popular with 22493 servers, 67033 players that seems like a lot to me...

how sad, quake 3 which is 6/7 years old has a huge playerbase compared to quake4..lol.. even more people play tribes1 than q4.. hilarious..i dont blame them though, q4 pisses me off, im done with that shit :p

Tekara said:
C&C: renegade. . . now that was a fun game if you could get a bunch of people rocking on one server.

that game was fun fun fun for the whole family. I also wish there were more empire earth games online, or empires dawn of the modern world.

battletech 3025
mechwarrior 2,3
unreal tournament 2004
quake 1,2,3

and many more :( people sell out for bf2 and counter strike.

Star Wars: Rebellion.

LOL, not that many people played it even when it came out (it was not one of LucasArt's best sellers), but I had some great times playing it against some folks.

mikelish said:
Team Fortress Classic. I think Fortress Forever will be out in the Fall so people will start playing it!
qft, that game sucked up countless hours for me, probably more than anything I can think of. WTF happened to team fortress 2, haha. I remember seeing screenshots in pc gamer in like 1999 for that with their new awesome realistic mouth moving speech system :p

The original Starsige Tribes (VX5 mod). Hell, even the ORIGINAL tribes, without the mods. And Return to Castle Wolfenstien. That game was awsome. Always seemed like there were a lot of hackers. Either that or I completly suck. Probably a little bit of both.

CodeX said:
Mario 3. I wish Nintendo would just keep remaking mario 3 with new level sets...
awesomest response ever. try new super mario bros for the ds... not as good as mario 3 but the closest thing we have to new levels

I remember Quake was so awesome online when it first came out. I wish people still played Duke 3D too. I remember arranging modem games for 1 on 1 with people at school for Duke 3D.

Stu55 said:
Yeah, it did take some thinking and time to configure mechs, I was always a Daishi man myself, although a fast scout for ctf was always fun too.
The Daishi is pretty cool looking. With ultra-heavy mechs like that, I liked to turn them into walking missle batteries. I had a 100 ton combo involving LRM15s that could destroy any mech in a single volly; Well, unless they could run faster than 80 or had plenty of those anti-missle-thingies. Having all LRMs and being slower than snot left them vunrable to close-range attack, so they were really not very practicle in one-on-one.

I prefered the light mechs myself. Some heat-sinks, er-lasers, and plenty of engine could make one of them dangerous in battle. I had a fun combo where I put an ac20 into a tiny mech, which was very fun. It didn't have enough ammo to be practical, and it lost most of it's speed and some of it's armor, but when a little mech starts whailing away with an ac20, some people tend to panic.

I haven't fired it up in a while, but Desert Combat seemed to die when they released BF2

theyre still some servers running for DC , i still play it here and there...

Back