Games with realistic handguns/pistols?

I wish I still had the magazine but there is a game in developement by some high profile college students that are making realistic weapons, handguns, etc.... I think they were like MIT or something I can't remember the name of the game but takes place during from ww2 to modern day which 200+ realistic weapons and ballistics. I read baout it in either PC Gamers or CGW. If someone could come up with the name for me that would be great.....

or the Rainbow 6 series which was mentioned earlier.Pretty much all the audio in CS was taken from the Rainbow 6 series."The Zone" those were the days !

ServerKing said:
I wish I still had the magazine but there is a game in developement by some high profile college students that are making realistic weapons, handguns, etc.... I think they were like MIT or something I can't remember the name of the game but takes place during from ww2 to modern day which 200+ realistic weapons and ballistics. I read baout it in either PC Gamers or CGW. If someone could come up with the name for me that would be great.....

o MAN i remember reading the same thing a whlie ago. but i too dont remember the name of the game / magazine, etc.

Definatly Truecombat: Elite. It's free. It's ballistics are actually closer than anything else i've ever played, ahem counterstrike. There's no crosshair, but there is an iron sight. you can fire an AK in full auto for the entire clip and not hit the enemy without the irons, but bring up the iron sights and they're good as dead. Pistols, if aimed properly, have the power to kill with 2 shots, maybe 3 if they're leg shots. There's guns that no one else ever bothers to put into games like the Sig 550, 552, Blaser R93, The M76 sniper, AK74U, and an AK74 with a silencer and a red dot sight. IT's a great game, and free.

Vietcong is pretty realistic if the server is set on Vietnam Mode which takes away your hud, crosshair and compass and fades your screen to black when you die. There's 5 handguns in the game, 3 for the U.S and 2 for the Viet Cong and you can take people down with a few hits.

You sure it was true combat I dont remember that being the name of the game I read about because I though they were developing there own game engine....

k1ng said:
o MAN i remember reading the same thing a whlie ago. but i too dont remember the name of the game / magazine, etc.

I can see the videos of this game but I can't remember it's name either, argh, it's driving me nuts.

To lazy to quote, The problem with them making th glock a one shot to the head killer would be that they would have to cut the glocks clip down to keep balance. No one wants to have a 20-round, burst fire, single shot to the head weapon for the starting teams. Hence making it weaker then the usp.

http://www.insurgencymod.net/

Not out unfortunately. Who knows when, if ever. But what they have done so far is probably one of the most accurate current day urban warfare simulations. Lots of leo/military guys on their forums. Just thought I'd plug it since realism and accuracy is what the devs claim to be aiming at.

krameriffic said:
You've gotta fuckin' kidding me... right? Every pistol in CSS that isn't a DE takes about 8 hits or more to kill on a target with full kevlar. The glock does like 20 damage to the head with a helmet at any range. Hell the DE frequently doesn't kill with one helmet shot on a target that is moderately far away, it will do like 95. The glock _CANNOT_ kill in one hit on a target with full health, period. The USP to a bare head at any range doesn't kill, same with the dualies and the P228. I won't even mention the 5.7, as it was a gross oversight on Valve's part to allow an airsoft gun to remain in CS.

Yeah, it can. Try aiming slightly below, CSS is shit like that. Also put the glock on burst, insta headshot. If you haven't already, try 1.6; the hit registration is far better.

GRAW models pistols well but you won't get far in the game using just pistols. You could set up a private MP game and ask everyone to use only pistols.

krameriffic said:
The pistols in Blood Money had an awesome feel to them.
You've gotta fuckin' kidding me... right? Every pistol in CSS that isn't a DE takes about 8 hits or more to kill on a target with full kevlar. The glock does like 20 damage to the head with a helmet at any range. Hell the DE frequently doesn't kill with one helmet shot on a target that is moderately far away, it will do like 95. The glock _CANNOT_ kill in one hit on a target with full health, period. The USP to a bare head at any range doesn't kill, same with the dualies and the P228. I won't even mention the 5.7, as it was a gross oversight on Valve's part to allow an airsoft gun to remain in CS.

Aw c'mon, of course you can take out people with pistols. I think your overestimating the kevlar. Maybe it'll take you an extra shot or two to kill them. Not every pistol is worthless, only the 5-7 =]

call of juarez... plenty of different handguns and you go through em like cans of beer... plenty of handgun tricks too...

jointhedarkside said:
Aw c'mon, of course you can take out people with pistols. I think your overestimating the kevlar. Maybe it'll take you an extra shot or two to kill them. Not every pistol is worthless, only the 5-7 =]

I like the FiveseveN. If the game were realistic, it would own targets wearing body armor. Whoever called it an airsoft gun needs to do some research.

I actually considered picking one up, as I'd heard the recoil was next to nothing and accuracy was phenomonal...then I saw the price of the ammo :eek: , and bought my XD-9 :)

jointhedarkside said:
And its crappy, cuz that pistol should be the single most effective against armored targets, as should the p90.

Hooray for unrealistic balance!

PNut12345 said:
I like the FiveseveN. If the game were realistic, it would own targets wearing body armor. Whoever called it an airsoft gun needs to do some research.

I actually considered picking one up, as I'd heard the recoil was next to nothing and accuracy was phenomonal...then I saw the price of the ammo :eek: , and bought my XD-9 :)
They are fantastic pistols, but yeah, unless you live in europe, the ammo dealer might as well be raping you as a prerequisite for purchase.

Give it some time though, price may go down as people buy the civie p90's for noire. :D

Red Orchestra dosent have the "hitpoint" system most games do, as one good rifle shot to most of the body instantly kills. Once as a panzer crewman I bailed out of my immobilized and badly damaged tank only to be followed down a cratered slope by a Soviet squad leader with his submachinegun. I managed to escape both of his grenades and at long range (where I knew his SMG would be crappy unless he could rest it against something) I pulled out my P-38 (Megatron!) and dropped him in the course of emptying the mag. I think I hit him twice in the chest rather than a headshot.

Pistols arent terribly uber, and few classes get them, but if you get the jump on someone from behind they are dead meat - your victim turning around and blasting you like in BF2 dosent really happen much.

Vagamus said:
And its crappy, cuz that pistol should be the single most effective against armored targets, as should the p90.

Hooray for unrealistic balance!
The .223, a relatively small rifle round is a 55 grain bullet @ 3,200 FPS and around 1,300 ft-lbs of energy. The 5.7x28mm is a 32 grain bullet at around 2,300 FPS and a measly 390 ft-lbs of energy. The M14 and H&K fire a 7.62 x 51 round is around 150 grains and 2,800 FPS.

If you just ment pistols, its a very fast round but does not even begin to compare with something like a .500 S&W which is up to a 400gr round @ 1675fps and a massive 2,500 ft-lbs.

Those wanting to use some nifty guns from CS (and others) in Half life 2, really need to check out SMOD: Tactical.

http://phatcat-online.com/tactical/downloads.html

turns all combine into CS:S models, the taunts and chatter is combine AND cs AND BF2

you get a nice variety of firearms too.

Oh and theres something delicious about storming Nova Prospket picking off guards with the AWM and switching to the para for up close and personal 'screw you' moments.

ps, it removes the crosshair, you gets your iron sights and depth of field zoom and you LIKES IT.

Back