Games suck.

twoeyes

Limp Gawd
Anyone else feeling this way right now? I'm feeling seriously at a loss for a good game, WoW is old, CS is loosing its shine after years (though still fun) and in general I almost feel like I'm outgrowing gaming, yet I still want to play! I keep trying MMOs, EVE, EQ2, etc but nothing keeps me past the trial.

Past 2 years the only games that were worth are R6 vegas, prey, call of juarez and thats about it

maybe if we stop "buying" games from internet it would help a little....who knows...

And since the day Bf2 came out, it has been my main game...almost 750 hours on it lol
but now days after playing for 30 min it gets old

I just hope Crysis, Bioshock, World in Conflict, Halo 3, Stalker, The Crossing, ETQW would live it up to their name...

I played call of juarez the past 2 days...and wow...it blew me away...very nice graphics, the story line was crazy...i enjoyed it a lot...but as usual with new games...too short...defiantly try it out

i feel the same way, i get off work, drive through snow and ice and need something to do in my off time, and just am not having as much fun with wow or cs anymore. BUT if you like RTS games, i just downloaded Supreme commander yesterday, and for the first time in years, i lost track of time while playing it. it was extremely fun and addicting. and thats just the demo! I look up at the clock and notice !!!! its 3 AM i gotta go to work in 2 HOURS! (after already being at work for 15 hours)

What about Oblivion, 'not managed to get sucked into that?
It's probably the best RPG i've ever played.

I am actually playing Thief 3 at the moment. That series was so sweet. Haven't found anything recently that is as engaging yet. Enjoyed Oblivion but just not quite as much.

So yes, I agree with OP to some degree:)

Heh, did anyone else notice that every single game GJohn mentioned was an FPS? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've played/will play all the mentioned games too.

But anyway, to the OP. It happens to everybody here and there, sometimes it passes and sometimes it doesn't. But it's no tragedy to not want to game anymore. It's a good thing. There's a ton of better things you could be doing with your time than gaming. The only reason to play games is because you want to.

Hit the gym after work instead, meet some folks there while you're at it. It's a great stress reliever and you'll have more energy. I may leave work tired sometimes, but I go anyway because I know that by the time I arrive at the gym, my body wakes up and can't wait to get started. If you can outgrow gaming, it's an occasion for celebration not regret.

Heck, it'll save you some money if nothing else.

thanks for the suggestions, i'm also glad to hear i'm not the only one! :)

and yes I did buy oblivion and had a blast for a while... I was a HUGE fan of morrowind, played it from release up until oblivion came out, and simply had a great time. Oblivion just didnt do it for me because of the fast travel and scaling, made the monsters seem easy and the world seem fragmented..

I am on the lookout for Crysis, UT3, etc though :) I'll probably pick up an 8800GTS or something along those lines once those games hit the shelves.

Heh, did anyone else notice that every single game GJohn mentioned was an FPS? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've played/will play all the mentioned games too.

Hehe

I only like FPS because i like guns even more :D :eek:

I go back and forth. Sometimes I'm bored with gaming and sometimes I'm bored with certain types of games. I like RPG's more then anything else, but I've been sucked into FPS games often as well. I used to be a die hard UT/UT2003 player, then did RPG's for a long time, then FEAR and now BF2142. While I've occasionally been bored with gaming, it usually doesn't last long (thankfully)... :D

Classic oblivion isn't the greatest imho. BUT once you mod it, it makes the game a whole lot better. Can reduce or get rid of a lot of the problems you mentioned now that people have been modding it awhile.
Been playing Vampires:Bloodlines lately and having fun. Also been dabbling in the sims 2 to get my sim fix. Thinking of finishing Ghostmaster once i relocate the disk for it...:p

I'm bored too. I quit BF2 and tried 2142 but competitively it's not there so yeah

I got a 360 to help me bridge the gap b/w now a whenever somebody get's it right on PC.

GOW is a damn fun shooter btw.

I feel the same way. But I think 2007 is going to be a really good year for games. Lots of good ones coming.

You could always take this time to try and catch games that you missed or didnt get noticed. Wheel of time, sacrifice or torment come to mind.

I've been playing Oblivion. Mods make that game. I'm thinking of giving Supreme Commander a try...but there is serious lack of games right now.

I have even thought about firing up Hearts of Iron: Doomsday again...those of you who know that game know that I'm getting desperate!

I usually just concentrate on one or two games at a time, and finish them all the way through, or play them enough online till I'm done..

Then I take a break, and don't touch games for a bit.. anywhere from a week to a month or so..

Also, rotating genre's helps. When I get burnt out of FPS games, I play RPG ones...

Lets see.. the past year till now......what was I playing? (not in exact order)

Doom 3 Last Man Standing - awesome Co-op mod! We went through all the maps and the original D1 maps co-op... then shelved it again.
Doom 3 RoE - $10 bin, play it in Vet difficulty, finished, actually alot better than D3.
Quake 4 - finished single player 1 and 1/2 times(play it in the hardest to get the "true effect"), online with friends and pubs for a bit
CS Source - a whole lot till about early 2006 I stopped. No more!
GTR - single player and online (never got the time for GTR2 and the others though!)
Guild Wars - for a little bit with friends, but then we got too busy/bored
GRAW - i played this alot online for a few months, about to finish single player now
NWN1 - still tons of time in various single player modules
NWN2 - finished OC
X3 Reunion - awesome space game, soo many hours(for a single player game)
Oblivion - about 70hours worth, to finish main story and a few quests.. then I "broke" the AI getting 113% invisibility.. pah!
Eve Online - a solid 2.5 months. Great game, but didn't like the "learning" system and the waiting around forever. (i read books while i played! lol)

Nov and Dec I barely played any vid games - that was a great breather!

Currently, I dusted off my PS2 and in the middle of FF XII switched on and off to finish D3 RoE and now GRAW..

I'll probably get Company of Hero's (haven't played RTS since the original C&C and Warcraft!) to mix in while I play and finish FF XII.. Maybe get around playing FEAR finally.. heh.. Then probably check out Jade Empire for PC (always wanted to play it, never got a Xbox)

I got a whole bunch of Real life stuff I want to do this summer though.

Then finally retire my northy p4 and 6800GT after what, about 3 years of perfect service(well, I had 2 rma's for the gt).. And load up on a quad core and whatever is the $3-400ish vid card later this year when Crysis comes out.. :D and GRAW2.. and Quake Wars.. And hopefully a good RPG else I'll get burnt out of FPS.. and ride that machine down to obsolescence.. I time my complete computer upgrades every 3 years or so.. Except for minor upgrades like ram and hd's, and monthly airblast cleanings, I don't tinker with them anymore. Kinda like my cars and bikes, I rather spend my time playing, than working on them.

I might get a 360 once it drops down in price to like $200-300 for the good one(not the core). Or maybe sooner if more of my friends get one.

I purposely missed out on WoW and EQ2. I never got around playing BF2, but reading about all the problems, I'm not going to bother with it.

Back