games on seperate drive?

For the games and apps on a different partition than the OS, do they still install the same way without the OS being on there too?

runLoganrun said:
For the games and apps on a different partition than the OS, do they still install the same way without the OS being on there too?
yep

OK so here I go..I have a 36gb Raptor that has all the games/OS etc.on it.I just installed a 74gb Raptor.What do I do for primo performance..ie OS on the 36gi and games on the 74gb??After installing games on the 74gb Raptor..should I ghost my XP install onto the smaller Raptor??Thanx in advance!

g1xx3r said:
OK so here I go..I have a 36gb Raptor that has all the games/OS etc.on it.I just installed a 74gb Raptor.What do I do for primo performance..ie OS on the 36gi and games on the 74gb??After installing games on the 74gb Raptor..should I ghost my XP install onto the smaller Raptor??Thanx in advance!

The 74 GB Raptor is the faster drive.
I'd ghost the complete 36GB drive over to it, and then use the 36GB for my pagefile and local pr0n storage until I could afford a bigger storage drive. Or sell the 36GB on fleabay and get most of the cash for a big 16Mb cache drive.

Wish I had a 74GB Raptor :(

I haven't noticed a recent version of this thread ...

Any update suggestions based on SSDs? I have a 60 gig SATA III SSD, and a 2 TB Hitachi 7200rpm spinning disk with 32MB cache.

I have an Intel setup that allows me to use another SSD as a sort of cache between the hard disk and CPU, but I don't see the need for that with so much RAM cache attached to the hard disk itself, also writes wear out an SSD so using it as cache sounds expensive.

For the same reason I don't think I want to put swap on the SSD. Too many writes.

So I guess I'll have Windows OS on the SSD and pretty much everything else including a dedicated swap partition on the HD (only way I know of to get Win to relocate swap off the OS drive). Is this what others are doing?

I'm running Win7.

Back