• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

games from elementry school

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
9,293
Oregon trail obviously


2 that i cant think of the names:

one that had a big moon at the intro and you had a few subgames and could make songs and stuff

the one with the little animals running around and you had to have some build stairs, or dig holes, etc
 
Turtles in Time (or whatever it was)
Ecco the Dolphin (hardest game ever)
Combat Cars
Alex Kid
Paper Boy
Forgotten Worlds
Afterburner
Kid Chameleon (still haven't beat this)
Columns (for the music mostly)

All on Sega genesis I think
 
oh god paperboy.

but i think oregon trail was one of the all time greats. but that doesn't mean go back and play it, you may break your rose tinted glasses.. i almost did =|
 
Playing marbles in the dirt. I forgot the basis of the game but you had to make an indentation in the dirt and make your marble go in it. After that, trading marbles was just as fun.

As far as consoles;
Tanks on Atari
Kung Fu on NES
 
It's funny. A couple of buddies and I were talking about this just the other day.

Anyone remember the name of the game where you were a dog and you ran around and collected bones and went into caves and stuff?
 
I went to my sister's house for Christmas dinner and found my 9-year-old niece playing Oregon Trail, the Apple II version. She offered to show me how to play. Apparently "really old" games are all the rage in third grade at her school this year.
 
my personal favorite in elementary school was Dino Park Tycoon...oh man that game was awesome. also enjoyed Odell Down Under quite a bit. my school had both of these on the apple computers we had in the computer lab. these were much more important to my elementary school education than learning to type on Mavis Beacon or learning anything on any of the "Munchers" games.

outside of school i played this game called Gizmos and Gadgets a ton. it was a game by The Learning Company i believe, and basically you went into factories and had to find parts to build a vehicle to race against some evil professor or something. the doors inside the factory all had puzzles that you had to solve in order to open them, and to get the best parts for your vehicle you basically had to open every single door in the factories. the puzzles were all science stuff like completing a circuit, identifying simple machines, identifying different types of energy (electrical, mechanical, etc), and things of that nature. the game was a staple of my childhood, and im sure it had something to do with what a nerd i turned out to be!

lol good ol' wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gizmos_&_Gadgets
 
grade school? You have got to be pulling my chain! I played those in the 80's early 80's. Old man I am....Damn! :D
 
You know, I did play Ecco the Dolphin, but I never knew what the hell you were supposed to do, all I did was swim and eat fish then gave up.
 
There was this "game" that I remember playing way back when on old Mac's that featured a little turtle in the center of the screen. You would make it move around and draw stuff by giving it commands. Thats really all I remember, does anyone have any idea what it was? I know it was a monochrome or green text screen game, and the Mac's sat on the desk horizontally with the CRT on top.
 
There was this "game" that I remember playing way back when on old Mac's that featured a little turtle in the center of the screen. You would make it move around and draw stuff by giving it commands. Thats really all I remember, does anyone have any idea what it was? I know it was a monochrome or green text screen game, and the Mac's sat on the desk horizontally with the CRT on top.

What's the one where you moved the turtle with commands?

Logo

This was my first experience programming a computer in 3rd grade, before they even taught us BASIC (that was 8th grade). My school had a brand-new lab full of Apple II computers, and nobody quite knew what to do with them, so they taught us Logo!

Here's an online Logo interpreter if you want to re-live your childhood.
 
The games we played in elementary school during our computer class was Oregon Trail and...

Well, I don't remember the name of it but I think it was a fishing game with Otters or something and with fish. It was pretty fun, though.
 
we had several commodores and I used to burn up some SPACE TAXI like no other...
 
Astrosmash, Armour Battle, Night Stalker, Space Battle, Star Strike, Burger Time, Poker and Blackjack, Shark Shark, Lock n Chase, Baseball, River Raid, Snafu, Space Hawk, Triple Action, Tutankham

Fun trip down memory lane.
 
Back
Top