Games For Windows Live and Fallout 3.....

Moose777

2[H]4U
Has anyone had any problems with running Windows Live and Fallout 3 the same time?

I ask because I can not log onto WinLive while playing FO3. It'll load, I'll sign on and then it'll tell me there is a new update. So, I click "Install Update" it gets to about 99% then just sits there. I haven't any clue as to what its doing but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Its kind of frustrating, I'd like to purchase Mothership Zeta but can't because it won't complete the install of the update and when I hit the back button, it logs me out.

I've even been trying to DL it through WinLive through the desktop and again, the program hangs up.

Edit...nevermind..it finally decided to work. It just took 30 minutes to complete the update for some odd reason.

Welp..I'm off to DL me some Mothership Zeta now. :)

Edit...nevermind..it finally decided to work. It just took 30 minutes to complete the update for some odd reason.

Welp..I'm off to DL me some Mothership Zeta now. :)

yeah same deal for me .... takes FOREVER to update, but it does eventually...

Not to thread jack but curious if anyone else has this problem. I bought Fallout 3 on release and played it for a few weeks. During this time G4WL did not work properly and I could play the game without key authentication. Revisted the game a month ago and after updated G4WL and enter cd key I can no longer load games while signed in. I have to sign out of the software so I can load my game. Any ideas?

Not to thread jack but curious if anyone else has this problem. I bought Fallout 3 on release and played it for a few weeks. During this time G4WL did not work properly and I could play the game without key authentication. Revisted the game a month ago and after updated G4WL and enter cd key I can no longer load games while signed in. I have to sign out of the software so I can load my game. Any ideas?

When you sign into Windows Live, the game uses a new saved game path to load saves. Since you played offline, thus creating offline saves, you will have to move those saves to the Windows Live loading directory. This directory is: My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves\<live profile name>

Offline saves are saved in: My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves

Back