Games For Windows Event Coverage

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a one page recap of the Games For Windows event that took place yesterday. No real new news, PC gamers will be able to play against console gamers and you’ll have access to your gamertag on multiple platforms.

I won several matches against a gamer that was using a PC. Take that, controller naysayers! While we didn't get to see much of the Live Anywhere initiative in action, it's definitely an exciting development. I mean, how can you not get excited about being able to access your gamertag, saves, and downloads on a variety of machines?

Bring it, this sounds awesome. I cant wait to pwn some console boys.

When I was playing the Dreamcast Q3A levels on my pc I would always be on top. It got to a point where I would have to find new servers every 2 or 3 rounds. I wonder when the stats get revealed what percentage of mouse/keyboard vs controller wins are going to be like and if the game developer will make adjustments.

Too bad the writer didn't leave his email so PC gamers can tell him to STFU and stop spreading FUD. The game is balanced to give console gamers a chance against PC gamers. Give the console gamers a PC crosshair and they will get slaughtered.

What the hell? The edit button is gone...lol. The writer did leave his email. Anyway, it's still FUD since he fails to mention that oh BTW, the game is balanced to give console gamers a fighting chance.

The smartest thing MS could do is bring the XBL experience to Vista...

Give away 12 months of gold with Ultimate and integrate the cost together.

Try to get OEM's to sell headsets and gaming kb/mouse/controllers with their PC's for gaming and bring the acheivements, leaderboards, matchmaking etc systems to the PC.

Even if I didn't have an Xbox I would pay the small fee to have much better online gaming.

Don't most console FPS have a semi-auto target or relaxed hit boxes to make it easier to hit?

I am all for cross platform gaming and I would love nothing more than to crush some console playing kid....I am not paying for xbox live or any service for windows when I have xfire for free that allows me to play with my friends quickly and easily in most games. just how much are these windows live services going to cost? There are already free sites that track ingame stats and xfire for chat....Not to mention teamspeak. Who cares if it's in one nice big package if it costs $6 a month?

I guess we'll have to wait and see what microsoft offers us.

Glad for standards like multithread support and widescreen resolutions. takes alot of the mystery out of buying a game, especially if you got an HDTV.

Back