Games crashing.

carblow12

Limp Gawd
All my games crash like before i can accutally play. Could this be a Direct3d problem or Ati drivers or what else could it be. becasue i reinstalled direct3d drivers and ati cat 4.2 drivers twice already. If you have any ideas just let me know thanks.

what games specificallly are you running?

Try uninstalling the drivers and everything, then run driver cleaner (I'll find a link in a bit if you want) then re-install and see if you still have the problem. I personally had my system frequently crash but after I did the same process, it fixed everything (so far)

Everygame i try and play, Like Halo, CS 1.6, Warcraft, Unreal 2k4 and etc. I installed my video drivers and directx twice.

that happens to me all the time (until I get my 9600Pro). It could be that it is getting too hot? that probably isn't it...

Did it used to work fine until now?

If all else fails...

Repair/Restore Windows.

Try unsinstalling them, and then running driver cleaner, as suggested above.

mine is doing the same shit. just started today and I have done it all I just did a reinstall of windows, drivers all that good shit. I can run call of duty in safe mode but as soon as I try to change any settings to higher res Ka-Booom!!! see ya bitch its desktop time. God I am pissed

Do they have driver cleaners for every single driver on my computer?or do u just mean video card driver cleaner?

Uninstall Drivers using cat uninstaller from ati.com
Get driver cleaner from driverheaven.net/drivercleaner/
Run it and remove anything ATi
re-install dx9b if required
check for mobo chipset drivers and update if required
if all is well and ready.. re-install cat 4.2s and see if this helps.. report back when done..

Well here is the story so far… I can run 3dmark03 perfectly fine. I can run Call of Duty in safe mode only. Anything other than that causes it to crash. I reinstalled PainKiller demo and it ran just fine. I also just reinstalled UT2K4 demo because it would run also. I don’t know how that will turn out I have to try it when I get home today. Either way this is weird because it was unwarranted because everything was great before hand now it just wants to act up.

I also noticed when I was looking in SMARTGART that my AGP speed was turned to of instead of 4x or 8x. and I can't change it what do you think that is all about

Sounds like your card is overheating. It used to happen to my Radeon 9800 Pro all the time. Except "Call of Duty" - it crashes Radeon cards even without overheating, just random crashes.

Try to run your PC without case cover , it often helps.

[email protected] LiquidNitro , 5900SE, 512MB DDR, overclocked Plextor 708A@712A .

Well if my video card is overheating what can i do? Its not overclocked or anything. And my COPU runs about 56 full load. And i just installed my newest chipset drivers today. If my video card is overheating what can i do to prevent this form happening?

You can replace a stock cooler with some fancy expensive custom made cooler. If you ignore the problem the same thing that happened to me will happen to you : after playing KOTOR for about 8 hours I noticed that my video card drips melted plastic on the bottom of the pc case. The fan base overheated and melted , good thing it didn't start a fire.

but it could also not be my video card. I don't think a stock ati 9800pro would overheat with stock 9800cooling. Unless u overclock

dude.. ronin you dont have the intel chipset drivers installed.. get them off the intel site.. (if you have an intel processor that is?)

carblow it might not be the video card overheating.. and 378 is actually the right clock speeds for a radeon 9800 pro..

did you try re-installing the drivers and stuff i posted earlier..

what are your system specs?

I have a 2500+ so thats not it. I have to face the facts that it is now time to implement operation "nuke this bitch and start all over". Its a mission that will yield no survivors. I will miss you all tell my family I love them and for little johnny to stay in school and become somebody 'sniff' to not throw his life away like I have! to be better than I was....Sorry this problem has made me crazy. well I'm off to format wish me luck.

Originally posted by akanafene
Sounds like your card is overheating. It used to happen to my Radeon 9800 Pro all the time. Except "Call of Duty" - it crashes Radeon cards even without overheating, just random crashes.

Try to run your PC without case cover , it often helps.

[email protected] LiquidNitro , 5900SE, 512MB DDR, overclocked Plextor 708A@712A .

Did you say 4.8? 4.8 who?

well I figured it out. my cpu voltage was to low and any time I went in to a game that put a load on it then it would crash. I put 2+2 together because I am running 2500+ @ 200x11 but the voltage was at 1.75 so I bumped it up to 1.8 and was able to run UT2k4 with no problem. Gonna try a few more but I think that got it.

Back