[GameGPU]Fallout 4 High resolution texture pack Test

PontiacGTX

Gawd

Source

Useless benchmark and totally unreliable at that point ingame (based on the video).. both CPU and GPU will suffer dramatic differences at later parts of the game, specially financial district and its surrounding where performance simply tank both by CPU and GPU, even my 4.8ghz 6700K are single thread bottlenecked there.

Something we all know. The Gambryo engine sucks & its texture files are hugely bloated. I would have like to have seen a proper texture pack with compression. I think I'll be sticking with the textures created by modders like, Falcon Oil , Langley & Stromberg.

Problem with benchmarking Fallout 4 is you have to do it in the most intensive places and they didn't do that. If they did you also see no bar much above 60 FPS simply due to being CPU limited. Not to mention what pressure the GPU limit would be.

Yeah there have always been spots in Fallout 4 that are insanely cpu and memory bandwidth limited on max settings. Even with my 4770k and 2133mhz memory I drop into the 50s in areas like that. The setting that impacts this the most is the shadows distance so I put that on medium and then there are no more drops like that.

No test on the Titan?

Looks like my 980ti won't do much so well with 1. Even the 1080 is brought down to it's knees.
I still have not played the game but will do the hi res pack even if it slows it down a bit. I have not checked to see if it plays on the rift.

No test on the Titan?

Looks like my 980ti won't do much so well with 1. Even the 1080 is brought down to it's knees.
I still have not played the game but will do the hi res pack even if it slows it down a bit. I have not checked to see if it plays on the rift.
that's just fallout 4. this texture pack probably has next to no impact on performance. not sure why they didn't do an updated benchmark without the pack to compare.

that's just fallout 4. this texture pack probably has next to no impact on performance. not sure why they didn't do an updated benchmark without the pack to compare.

Yep. The only place would be in an intensive place where certain cards could run out of memory for example. Else its pretty much same same.

In this example 3GB cards fall off the cliff.
1080p_vhigh.png

The High Res texture pack seems pretty useless. I couldn't tell the difference using my friend's 970.

Nice to see some tests, but they should also show a comparison with textures on vs. off, given that that's a large part of the point.

Back