• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Game that is Fun and Easy Going?

Bleedblue12345

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 1, 2004
Messages
1,942
I'm looking for an enjoyable game on the PC that is fun. I don't want some super in depth strategy game and quite frankly I am very tired of the traditional fps (although ut3 is fun; im talking about crysis, cod4, etc.). I was looking at portal, which looks different and quite interesting. Can anyone comment on this game, and/or does anyone have any other suggestions. I just want a game that is fun, is worth my money, and isn't so hardcore.

P.S.:
Specs.
Q6600 @ 3.4ghz
4gb ram
8800gt
physx card
vista ultimate 64-bit

so i should have no problem running any game out..... Thanks all
 
Sounds like you've precisely described the orange box :p

Portal will bring you hours of joy, and the ending will probably leave you with a huge grin on your face. Team Fortress 2 is unbelievable amounts of fun as well.
 
There's no way I could not recommend Portal. You could very likely put just about anyone in front of the game and they'll understand and enjoy it. It isn't demanding, frustrating or particularly challenging, but you'll need to use your brain a bit. By itself, I believe it's $20, but Orange Box is a good buy at $50.

I liked Tomb Raider Anniversary -- really well done game -- but it might not be quite as laid back as what you're looking for. There's a real lack of good player-training that leads to some frustration, but nothing major. I think this one goes for $30.
 
Orange Box without a doubt. When you're done with Portal move on to TF2 and enjoy one of the best multiplayer experiences out there. Very easy to get into, even if you can only play for 15 minutes.
 
I have an extra sealed copy of the Orange Box if you are interested. PM me if you are.
 
Yup, Portal is an excellent choice, stresses your mind, not your fingers.

I wish there were more titles like this available today.
 
Yup, Portal is an excellent choice, stresses your mind, not your fingers.

I wish there were more titles like this available today.

You're joking right? Portal was beyond easy, it was like...Really, that's all there is? Wow, what a rip-off.

At the end of portal right after the explosion, I was thinking oh wow this should be awesome now the real fun starts. NOPE, GAME ENDED. I was like, WTF RIPOFF :(
 
I have some wise words for you...Get the Orange Box now! Seriously Portal is one of the best games I've ever played.
 
You're joking right? Portal was beyond easy, it was like...Really, that's all there is? Wow, what a rip-off.

At the end of portal right after the explosion, I was thinking oh wow this should be awesome now the real fun starts. NOPE, GAME ENDED. I was like, WTF RIPOFF :(

Hmmm - you are the only one who seems to think that Portal was a rip off. I can understand if you just bought Portal (even then it's worth paying for), but in the Orange Box... HELL NO!
 
I am sure many will disagree with me, but I would consider Hellgate: London. Not your traditional FPS but has some FPS elements. I find the game fun and pretty easy going. Try the demo at least, but keep in mind there are 4 classes not in the demo and I actually like the ones not in the demo better.
 
You're joking right? Portal was beyond easy, it was like...Really, that's all there is? Wow, what a rip-off.

At the end of portal right after the explosion, I was thinking oh wow this should be awesome now the real fun starts. NOPE, GAME ENDED. I was like, WTF RIPOFF :(

My most humble apologies, obviously your e-peen is bigger then mine.

The reality is, while the game only took me a few days to complete, it was a wonderful deviation from the normal run, jump, shoot stuff that I'm so used to.

Certainly the game wasn't so difficult that it required the use of a TI-89 or anything, but it was still much more mentally stimulating then Crysis or something of the like.
 
Trackmania's worth looking at, too.

Yeah Trackmania is nice, and Nations is totally free and fun.

Another vote for Portal too. I had fun just thinking of goofy things to do. Those who just blaze through the levels, aka TridenT_Boy3555, are really missing out...


Ply
 
If you like strategy, then Railroads! is pretty damn fun and easy going. Fairly simplistic, and fun just to build up your trains and watching 'em go.
 
Portal is great but its only a few hours long, and if you're even slightly good at spatial puzzles you will probably never get stuck for more than 20 seconds.
 
Back
Top