Game suggestions for my wife

My wife has very little PC gaming experience and while she can work a console controller with a moderate level of ability I tried her on what I thought would be an easier title and she failed miserably.

I had her try the starting tutorial in Heroes of the Storm and it was comical. Using a keyboard and right/left clicking to do various things seemed to be beyond her motor skills. The screen would scroll all the way to the right and she couldn't figure out where she was or how to move out of tower range. Didn't understand a skill cool down, would mix up her mouse-clicks, my 11 year old who hasn't done any pc gaming tried it and at least could move around and attack things.

I've been PC gaming for 25 years and it's just second nature I can't grasp why someone not 70 years old would have an issue moving the mouse and using the keyboard together.

Anyway I'm thinking games that would use an Xbox controller might be the better choice (In addition to puzzle games or card games like hearthstone). So what would be some good ones to start with? I'd say Ori and teh blind forest but I think she would get stuck perhaps more casual racing games?

Things she has played or liked in the past: Oddworld, Crash Team racing (her favorite), super puzzle fighter, Mario Cart, Mario Galaxy (most mario games). Would Unravel be a good choice?

She may enjoy the Trine games. I personally liked them a lot and the controls are not too bad if a recall.

My wife isn't huge into games, but the ones she loves:

Kingdom Hearts
No Man's Sky
Halo
Mario Kart/Galaxy/etc.
Need for Speed

Get a slow paced RPG like
Divinity Original Sin
I am Setsuna

Pokemon Go is always another option but the game has no end =)

How about Portal/Portal 2? Should get her up to speed on KB/M pretty quickly but at her own pace.

I got my wife hooked on gaming with Evequest back when.

I'd suggest something much slower paced than HotS. RPGs are good choices. RTS might be okay too if she likes the environment. Also, try building games like Minecraft, ARK, etc.

Back