Game suggestions for 3x 1440p landscape?

fomoz

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

I posted this on WSGF today, but unfortunately that forum doesn't look very active and I'm really itching to play some games in Surround, so I'm posting it on my beloved [H] :)

Do you have any suggestions for good FPS, RPG, RTS, TBS, TBT, or racing games from 2008 to now that work very well in NV Surround? Preferably DX 11, unless the game is critically acclaimed or a classic.

So far I played these (they work well)

Max Payne 3
Tomb Raider (2013, best TPS game I've seen in Surround)
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 2
Sleeping Dogs
Assassin's Creed (all)
Dirt 3
Far Cry 3
Dragon Age II
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2
Dead Space 2
F1 2011 (looking for something less sim, more arcade)

These are too demanding/poorly optimized at 11 MP on my PC:

Metro 2033
Metro: Last Light
Alan Wake
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
Amnesia: Dark Descent
Crysis 3

These don't work well in Surround. If any of these can be fixed or improved with some hacks, Flawless Widescreen or Widescreen fixer, please let me know!

Dishonored
Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
Fallout: New Vegas

Right now I'm waiting for Grid 2, I have really high hopes for it. I'm open to older games, though, thinking about trying out the original Grid, but I'm not sure if it works well in Surround.

The reason I'm posting this is because I feel like I may be missing some gems that work really well in multi-mon.

Thanks a lot!

It looks like you have quite a list of games already... Dirt 2 / Dirt 3 are great racing games for surround if you're itching to play one before Grid 2. Looks like you already have Dirt 3 listed though. Grid should work minus the menu being a bit weird.

One game that looks amazing in triple wide is Just Cause 2.

These don't work well in Surround. If any of these can be fixed or improved with some hacks, Flawless Widescreen or Widescreen fixer, please let me know!

Dishonored
Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
Fallout: New Vegas

I've never played Dishonored.

I played FO:NV just fine in eyefinity, I don't believe it needs a fix. I'm not sure what issues you're having with surround.

ME 3 works with eyefinity and i think surround needs a fix. ME 1 and 2 needed fixes. Flawless Widescreen has all 3 listed as does Widescreen Fixer. I don't recall a ME 1 fix ever working, but I haven't tried recently.

wish i could come over and just watch you game... must be amazing, i loved 4320x900... this should be amazing. wish you were in NY

..you can come to my house anytime...I have lots of candies for u... : >

LOL!!! next thing he knows hes in someones basement duct taped to a chair staring at some dude staring back at him with a funny smile with a hunting knife on his hand wearing a gimp suit, jesus fucking chriiiiist!! hahahaha!!! creepy hardforum is creepy! :D

It looks like you have quite a list of games already... Dirt 2 / Dirt 3 are great racing games for surround if you're itching to play one before Grid 2. Looks like you already have Dirt 3 listed though. Grid should work minus the menu being a bit weird.

One game that looks amazing in triple wide is Just Cause 2.

I've never played Dishonored.

I played FO:NV just fine in eyefinity, I don't believe it needs a fix. I'm not sure what issues you're having with surround.

ME 3 works with eyefinity and i think surround needs a fix. ME 1 and 2 needed fixes. Flawless Widescreen has all 3 listed as does Widescreen Fixer. I don't recall a ME 1 fix ever working, but I haven't tried recently.

Thanks!

I played Just Cause 2, you're right, it's awesome in triple-wide. I didn't like the game that much, though. Tried Grid yesterday, works well, even the HUD is centered unlike Dirt 3.

ME3 is very poor in Surround.

I think FO:NV had some sort of mouse issues and input lag.

I don't recall having any issues getting dishonored to work, don't recall needing a fix.

Try Skyrim. Throw some mode on it and it looks amazing in surround.

Skyrim is poorly optimized, but with the Widescreen Fixer, it can look pretty awesome.

I run 3x 900p though, I could imagine the poor optimization would destroy the 3x 1440p experience.

Skyrim is poorly optimized, but with the Widescreen Fixer, it can look pretty awesome.

I run 3x 900p though, I could imagine the poor optimization would destroy the 3x 1440p experience.

I don't think it's poorly optimized in the sense that it would fail to scale to 3x 1440p. If anything, I think OP would get the same performance out of it on 3 monitors as he would off of 1 what with the 60 fps soft cap. This is basically what I experienced going from 5760x1080 to 2560x1080. I don't know how optimized it is for Quad SLI though.

I don't recall having any issues getting dishonored to work, don't recall needing a fix.

Try Skyrim. Throw some mode on it and it looks amazing in surround.

Maybe mine isn't patched, from what I remembers it had a messed up FOV.

Back