Game suggestion like Pain Killer

ziscwg

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have a suggestion for a new FPS game?

I really liked Pain Killer and the expansion pack Battle out of Hell. I guess I like to kill a lot of enemies.
The games I have played:
Half Life and Half Life 2
Far Cry
Halo
Doom III
UT2004 and 2003

Any suggestions?
Thanks

I Pick up both Serious Sam games. They are great. The graphics are a little out of date when compared to HL2. However, the price is great.

I played Doom III, but was not thrilled by it. I still may grab the expansion pack later on.

Any other games suggestions?

Im starting to get into the doom3 expansion... not too bad so far but Im barely into it. Still a bit dark but at least theres not 5 things coming out of the walls like in the main game which to me is a bit of an improvement.

Doom3 expansion a definate. much,much more fun than the Doom3. Gravity gun is the best improvement along with the addition of the dbl barrel. Slightly different slant but a really neat game none the less is Riddick. Most excellent graphics and alot of ways to get through, makes for good replay value. Still for fast action blast away and nail the badguys there are none better than PK. (never played Serious Sam)

LordVampyre said:
Im starting to get into the doom3 expansion... not too bad so far but Im barely into it. Still a bit dark but at least theres not 5 things coming out of the walls like in the main game which to me is a bit of an improvement.

How can you say that??? You've never played Doom have you?

Chrome (Ragdolled bodies act like 2 pound rag dolls :p But otherwise ok )
No One Lives Forever 1
No One Lives Forever 2
Soldier of Fortune 1 (I take distinct pleasure in aiming for their crotches :D )
Soldier of Fortune 2
Undying (Classic :D )

Will Rock is a game that is simmilar to Serious Sam. I believe SS is the better of the two, but this one does offer simmilar gameplay and [H]ordes of baddies to shoot at. Should be a bargin bin game by now.

There is a demo avalible.

NOLF games, AVP 2, Riddick: EFBB (especially if you are a graphics whore) but the gameplay is tons better than Doom 3 and Half Life 2:s.

Also Tron 2.0 is a really solid game and not to forget the best sneak em up yet Thief 3.

Netrat33 said:
Serious Sam and it's expansion pack Second encounter
an expansion pack required the original game. serious sam second encounter was a stand alone game. not an expansion pack. what u meant to say was semi sequel.

oqvist said:
NOLF games, AVP 2, Riddick: EFBB (especially if you are a graphics whore) but the gameplay is tons better than Doom 3 and Half Life 2:s.

Also Tron 2.0 is a really solid game and not to forget the best sneak em up yet Thief 3.

AVP 2? :confused:

Aliens vs Predator 2. The comic inspired the game inspired the movie. It was rumored that they were coming out with AvP3 using the Source engine, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

AVP 3 on source engine would indead suck. Need an engine with better lighting and shadows :)

Better not be the source engine. AVP3 needs the DooM3, CoR:EfBB, or maybe DX2:IW/Theif3 engine, or some future tech that hasn't come out yet (like unreal 3)

You need fully dynamic lighting for that game, and the source engine just can't deliver it.

Another vote for CoR:EfBB, I love that game. Also a vote for Thief 3.
Have you tried Star Wars: republic commandos? I really liked the demo but havnt picked up the retail yet.

Thief 3 is easily the most underestimated game of last year and now with ION Storm going under you can get it almost for free :(

oqvist said:
Thief 3 is easily the most underestimated game of last year and now with ION Storm going under you can get it almost for free :(
You mean boring 3?
:p

Back