Game server hosting question

wtburnette

2[H]4U
I'm thinking about buying hosting for a Bad Company 2 server. I've seen people post about NFO, which seems to be a good game server hosting company, but I find the ~$30 a month to be a little steep. I was looking at other hosting companies and found Gameservers.com, which offers the same 16 player ranked server for $20 a month. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this hosting company?

http://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/bc2-battlefield-bad-company-2.php

I currently use them for my BFBC2 hosting, no complaints

If you decide to go with them, refer me so I can get a free month of hosting :D

Ordered a server and after 30 plus hours it still wasn't up so i canceled and went with another company. Customer service needs some work cause even the forums had lots of people saying the same thing.

Yeah, I sent a question to them and basically got a response saying to ask EA. Not quite what I was looking for. Until I find out better information on server hosting, I'm not going to be renting anything.

So, maybe someone here has an answer. If you rent a server and password protect it, what I understand is that it goes unranked. If that's the case, are you able to play and rank up while connected to the server, but then lose everything when you disconnect, or are you stuck at the entry level rank the entire time? The only problem I have with this game so far is the lack of information about how the servers are setup and what can and can't be done with them.

Yeah, I sent a question to them and basically got a response saying to ask EA. Not quite what I was looking for. Until I find out better information on server hosting, I'm not going to be renting anything.

I see not much has changed there.

Back