Game Pad adapter

HomerEBW

Limp Gawd
I had this game pad for about 3 years, and only used it once. I'm on another computer that doesnt have the same connection for this game pad. I was wondering if there was a USB adapter for it, so I can maybe start using it again.

This is my gamepad ...

B00000JD7A.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Thank You.

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=1501&sku=26886

That is quite the expensive route to go

If you had an USB cable of some sort, you could cut the serial port off of the gamepad, then cut the USB cable so that the rectangle plug is left and combine those 5 wires inside each of the cables.

Here is the same concept that I just explained to you, except this is with an Xbox controller. (don't pay attention to #1 and #2, it doesn't apply to you)

http://llamma.com/xbox/Mods/xbox_controller_to_pc_usb.htm

good luck

Sorry bob, not a single thing you said is correct or applies to this situation. You cannot just chop off connectors and hook the wires together. The only reason that works with the xbox controller is because the xbox controller IS a usb gamepad, and all that guy is doing is changing the connector. His gamepad has a joystick connector, which plugs into a game port, not a serial port like the convertor you linked to. What he actually needs is a usb to game port adapter like this. You can probably find those wherever joysticks are sold.

Wow quick replies!

Thanx for the help guys, but the $24.00 price tag is alot of money :( I'm just using it for SNES/NES ROMS. My friend got a $10.00 pad that works perfectly. I think I'll try his pad.

Thank You for all the help!

Originally posted by HomerEBW
Wow quick replies!

Thanx for the help guys, but the $24.00 price tag is alot of money :( I'm just using it for SNES/NES ROMS. My friend got a $10.00 pad that works perfectly. I think I'll try his pad.

Thank You for all the help!
Yeah that's kinda what was thinking. You might be able to find the adapter cheaper somewhere else, but then again you can probably find a usb gamepad cheaper. My roommate has one that he uses for his emulators(ALL THE TIME, btw).

Back