Game Developer Barbie Is Here

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
“Daddy, I can’t wait to grow up so I can make console ports!” I think Mattel might have game developer confused with tech hipster.

Game Developer Barbie takes long strides towards making up for the horrific “I Can Be A Computer Engineer” book that made the rounds in late 2014. In said book Barbie is a computer game designer, meaning she comes up with ideas and then gives them to Brian and Steven to do the actual programming. As the story unfolds, Barbie infects first her and then her little sister’s laptop with a virus, turning to Brian and Steven once again to recover her data. It should have been called “I Can Watch Brian and Steven Be Computer Engineers, But Not Too Closely As I Only Screw Things Up.”

Better than the last one I guess, but why do the "nerdy" Barbies always wear glasses. Also the more realistic clothing brings attention to how unrealistically skinny she is. Eat something Barbie!

For real? Now we need a John Carmack Ken doll.. But, I don't think he would want anything to do with this lady. Do game dev's really wear headsets? o_O Tech support Barbie indeed!

Playing with dolls won't turn them into game developers, the whole doll playing/im a princess bs needs to stop with young girls.
Give the lego and see what they build, give them a telescope anything but dolls, expand their minds.

This is the "I'm still living at home at 30 because there is no job for suited for me due to the patriarchy keeping the good jobs for men." Barbie

If Barbie stopped selling tomorrow, I would not have a problem with that. I hate that matell keeps trying this nonsense.

Playing with dolls won't turn them into game developers, the whole doll playing/im a princess bs needs to stop with young girls.
Give the lego and see what they build, give them a telescope anything but dolls, expand their minds.

I think you would be very surprised in the results... Willing to bet more would still like pink and dolls more than you would think.

My friends 2 year boy old loves trains and trucks. My friend is an non-profit arts grant administrator and his wife runs the Sierra Club in the area (basically both are as liberal and "non-truck" as you can find). Both commented that they didn't encourage any "boy" toys but Arty loves ANY BIG vehicle.

Could it be subliminal? Sure can be but I also think the sexs are on average biased toward certain things even as kids.

Where are the tattoos, facial piercings, extra 30-50 lbs, and the oddly colored hair?

I think the headset is more plausible than the tablet, unless she's working on a mobile game

And don't treat them like princesses. Most of my generation has been raised into spoiled assholes. Treat them like developing humans.

Looks like she talked her boy friend in the 3rd Armored Brigade into a test drive so she has a better idea of how a real tank works so that upgrade to World of Tanks is more realistic.

Now all we need to complete the set is a gamergate troll doll.

Where is garbage collector Barbie or sewer maintenance Barbie?
Any barbie doll in a suit, because, they'd be the high ranker who aren't doing the actual work..... like this one.

For what it's worth, it is being reported that Game Developer Barbie has already sold out at Mattel's web site. No mention about how many units that represents.

Most actions figured for boys are "dolls". What the doll is designed for determines how it gets played with. Start selling Barbies with bazookas and attack helicopters and girls will want to shoot bazookas and fly.

doesn't seem like you want to survive if the first thing you do when stranded is throw your clothes away.

I think you would be very surprised in the results... Willing to bet more would still like pink and dolls more than you would think.

My friends 2 year boy old loves trains and trucks. My friend is an non-profit arts grant administrator and his wife runs the Sierra Club in the area (basically both are as liberal and "non-truck" as you can find). Both commented that they didn't encourage any "boy" toys but Arty loves ANY BIG vehicle.

Could it be subliminal? Sure can be but I also think the sexs are on average biased toward certain things even as kids.

Sadly we know some parents like this. Did not push any gender biasing on their children and are flabbergasted as to why the daughter wants to wear dresses and play with dolls. They are not bad people, I think they honestly believe they are helping their kids. Misguided is all, I think.

Better than the last one I guess, but why do the "nerdy" Barbies always wear glasses. Also the more realistic clothing brings attention to how unrealistically skinny she is. Eat something Barbie!
Her body in that clothing actually looks fairly realistic to me. There are plenty of size 0 or even size 00 petite ladies out there.

Back