• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

game consoles + tv tuner...

melissa

n00b
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
51
So I'm setting up a little projection theater system in my apt that's going to be pc-based. Aside from watching DVDs, I'd also like to be able to watch cable tv with it and hook up a few game consoles to it.

I've considered a basic tv tuner card (ati tv wonder, or something of the sort), but it would be cool if I could find something with lots of connections for my n64, old school nintendo, and my atari. I realize this is a lot to ask, especially seeing how I can barely get them all to work with my tv, but there's got to be some sort of external usb thingie that'll do it all.... please tell me there is!


On a side note.... I'm also trying to find a place in the US that sells the Kensington Orbit Elite Wireless trackball. It's pretty neat looking and I could just leave it on the couch's armrest. Plus I like trackballs that are for fingers, not thumbs. Anyone seen these around? I've found a place in the uk that'll sell me one for $75 shipped, but I don't want it THAT bad.
 
First off welcome to [H], second, I'd like to have the same questions answered but I'm just too lazy of a bum to do the research so I'll just leach off of your post :D.

~Adam
 
I have the Winfast xp2000 tuner card in my computer with a little 4 way video selector that I got at Wal-Mart hooked to it. This way I can have 4 different devices hooked up to my computer. I just have a little box on my desk with 4 buttons in it, one for my VCR, another for my Playstation, and one for my 64. I am also gonna hook up my oldschool nes to it sometime!! :)
 
I have a Xbox hooked up to a Pinnacle Studio PCTV, and it works fine. You might want to emulate the older consoles instead of connecting them externally.
 
thefordmccord said:
I have the Winfast xp2000 tuner card in my computer with a little 4 way video selector that I got at Wal-Mart hooked to it. This way I can have 4 different devices hooked up to my computer. I just have a little box on my desk with 4 buttons in it, one for my VCR, another for my Playstation, and one for my 64. I am also gonna hook up my oldschool nes to it sometime!! :)


that sounds like an easy solution.... wal-mart eh? I'll have to run over there and see what they've got. thanks!
 
Wont it still be interlaced though? that would look crappy on your tv...
 
thefordmccord said:
I have the Winfast xp2000 tuner card in my computer with a little 4 way video selector that I got at Wal-Mart hooked to it. This way I can have 4 different devices hooked up to my computer. I just have a little box on my desk with 4 buttons in it, one for my VCR, another for my Playstation, and one for my 64. I am also gonna hook up my oldschool nes to it sometime!! :)
Best solution, you want a software based encoder card (lke the mentioned Winfast) and to use one of those system selectors and like Shuttle Luv said you'll want to DL Dscaler for it.
 
Back
Top