Galaxy tab s 10.5 amoled display?

Pechendko

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
208
I'm thinking about getting a tabled and the only criteria I'm concerned about is the quality of the display.

I went to a store few days ago and tried a galaxy tab s 10" and the screen was impressive, I really appreciate the blacks and the contrast ratio of its oled display.

But the thing is. Is it oversaturated? Because it's hard to say just by looking at the few photos and the video produced specifically to show off the tab s screen. I also set it in the basic mode, which I guessed was the most accurate.

So, should I get it? How accurate the colors actually are?

Also, another thing, seeing how it doesn't have any kind of color controls, is there an app for android that allows you to adjust color settings such as gamma, video levels and rgb channels?
 
I don't think Samsung is out to calibrate its OLED tablets to the correct color temp if that's what you are wondering. I'm sure its oversaturated as well. But it is android so there is likely a way to break into it and get greater control. However I doubt you'll get the kind of control you seem to want.

However beware of Samsung tablets. If you don't buy the LTE versions you get saddled with a less powerful processor and it causes the UI to act sluggish quite frequently. The Snapdragon version is the only one I would buy but its $100 more I believe then the standard. And it might not be readily stocked.

I will say that if I want to watch any kind of video content that the OLED display is very impressive. But its certainly not going to be color corrected.
 
I like how people comment on things they have no clue about.
 
Yes as posted above it can be fairly accurate. The exynos is garbage though. Returned mine as it was so slow even rooted and with custom roms. Display was gorgeous.
 
I don't really care if it doesn't have the newest cpu, because I'll be using it just for browsing and movies.

I don't think Samsung is out to calibrate its OLED tablets to the correct color temp if that's what you are wondering.

From what I've seen the color temperature was spot on. It's stated in the oled display review that it's around 6300k. And the gamma is 2.37, which I really like. http://www.displaymate.com/OLED_Tablet_ShootOut_1.htm

But what bothering me is the srgb coverage of 113%. How visible this is?
 
Back
Top