Galaxy SII getting ICS already in some places...

After what ICS did to my Transformer I am going to hold off until many others try it out.

It's going to be the original Galaxy S scenario all over again. I give it 6-8 months more for the US carriers to put it out, though maybe less for Sprint (Since they are already working quite hard on it).

Don't get your hopes up, the U.S. carriers will muck it up just like they do with the rest of the Galaxy phones

I want to share some updates i came by---
Samsung Italy has confirmed that the update is coming - but possibly not until Q2 2012. Ice Cream Sandwich will hit its high-end devices including the Galaxy S II, the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy Tab 10.1, the Galaxy Tab 8.9, the Galaxy Tab 7.7 and the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus at about the same time.

Samsung Norway has recently confirmed that the update for the Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note will be arriving by the end of Q1, so we make that March.

Samsung Israel has revealed that Ice Cream Sandwich updates will begin on 15 March.

There's already previews of that all over the web. You won't notice ICS much on the Galaxy S2. Samsung left TouchWiz 4 minus any improvements on top of it, which have to use Nova or Apex Launcher for the rest.

The US Carriers always get in the way. I'm guessing June/July at the earliest for ICS on Samsung devices here in the US. Although I'd love to see myself proven wrong.

The carriers are just another reason why I'm so tired of my TBolt. It's been treated like a red headed step child by Verizon and HTC and it certainly isn't the only phone to be treated this way. I still firmly believe that if HTC hadn't taken so much abuse on the Internet for never talking about ICS for TBolt that they would never have announced an upgrade for it in the first place.

Now we have to wait for HTC to build the ROM. Then send the ROM to Verizon who will sit on it for a few months and pack it full of crap. Then they'll do a soak test. It'll have issues and then we'll see the update get delayed for a few more months. The former goes for ALL phones. How many times have we seen HTC, Samsung or Motorola soak test something only to have it pulled? Seems like every time there's a major update. By the time the OTA is finally pushed <insert random phone name here> owners will be upgrade eligible.

At this rate without a leak of an official HTC build for TBolt we probably won't see a working custom ICS ROM anytime soon either. I think the ICS RIL is just too much for the devs or we'd have a working ROM already. I get my upgrade in November 2012 and I bought my TBolt on the day it was released. That's just about the time for the next Nexus device with Jelly Bean. Can anybody guess what is going to replace my TBolt even if I have to wait another few months? Never again will I buy anything but Nexus so that I can remove the carriers from the equation and keep my phone up to date far more readily.

I already have ICS on my Sprint E4GT... oh, wait... I am not supposed to tell people that!

CHANG3D, how stable is it?

Is it the same build or newer than the leaked ROMs floating around for it now?

I'm on EC07 (or something like that), which I believe was the 2nd leak of ICS for E4GT. Never had issues..... so I haven't bothered 'upgrading' to any of the 10 other versions that have been leaked.

We have ICS on the i777 (AT&T) as well. Its stable with only 3 issues.

1. Only the Home and Menu button work and Home is the back button
2. Call Audio
3. Screen flashes on and off randomly

Once the Source for the i9100 drops we will be fully working, until then we have work arounds for them all so it works fine as a Daily Driver.

The E4GT and the i777 will get (Legit) ICS months before carriers push it (If Sammy doesnt pull the Cappy, Infuse bull shit again)

cant wait for it to drop for use T989D users ..... once the SKyrocket gets it we will get custom ones atleast :D

Should be UK release next week according to the link - I'm on orange, will let you know!

Back