Galaxy S III

The home screen looks like a 5x5 grid, but not especially cluttered. Regardless, home screens are easily the most customizable part of the phone.

I know that.... For marketing purposes though a homescreen loaded with junk doesn't convey elegance or a cutting edge device hence my doubts that its a legit ad.
 
Have you seen the marketing pics of the sgsII?
http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys2/html/

I think my main complaint stems from the photo frame with the kids- it's really busy and focuses your attention there rather than to the device as a whole, or the textual/branding information contained elsewhere on the flyer. In the SGII images, the home screen is fully utilized for sure, but it's not as distracting- and actually, there is some symmetry- four icons in the tray, four icons above that, along with two info/weather tiles above those.... so while my home screen would never look like that, it's at least symmetrical, unobtrusive and allows your eyes to scan the entirety of the promotional material.
 
One thing is for sure - Samsung will do everything to have this phone in stores before June. With Olympic Games in London, and milions of people watching them on TVs/stadiums, having the phone ready and flashing it on every commercial break, as Samsung is one of main sponsors of Olympics, will have nice marketing effect.

Rumors hint on May/June. And according to MWC news I heard in Barcelona it makes sense. The Huawei quad core Tegra 3 with LTE phone is 2nd half of year, LG 4X is June, Eluga might be late April, and Eluga Power might be aviable in June, Samsung has to release the phone in same time bracket.
 
I was excited about the Tegra 3 phones... until I saw Krait S4 benchmarks on Anandtech- wow. I'm no longer excited about Tegra 3.
 
I was excited about the Tegra 3 phones... until I saw Krait S4 benchmarks on Anandtech- wow. I'm no longer excited about Tegra 3.

If i'd have to go for a Tegra 3 phone, I'd take Fujitsu one. Waterproof as Eluga, and also has 5th core - when phone is in "Sleep" mode, or does a task that does not require lots of CPU power, it uses only the extra core, then when you browse or play games, it switches to Tegra.

In theory it could work. THough, Atrix worked well in theory too :p

Anyways, back to S3, I really hope Samsung won't pull APple on European versions, and actually will fit them with LTE chip, that will work with European LTE frequencies - something new iPad can't :)
 
I suspect the baseband will have support for a ton of frequency bands. If the euro version has support for AWS/HSPA+1700, thats the one I'll be getting. No carrier bullshit to worry about and much, MUCH broader developer support with the international version.

The Intel base band in their chipset (Intel XMM7160LTE) is pretty damn impressive on that front.
GSM 850/900/1800
UMTS 850/900/1700/1900/2100
LTE (700 or 800)/850/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600

I'd hope Samsung's chip can be that diverse.
 
very excited about the phones coming this year, i have an upgrade available in July. at this point i am hoping Verizon gets the Exynos upgraded Samsung Note(Journal) or something like this GSIII......or perhaps even a Medfield Atom based handset......
 
Hoping the rumors are true of best in class battery life. Said to be 40% longer battery life than the S2. Will make the Galaxy S3 top dog for battery life in any smartphon
 
Link? that does indeed sound sweet

Have to look around, it was back in February on www.androidandme.com

There have been leaks / rumors several times a week on the S3, hard to tell if just a rumor or true ? But I have heard that common theme about the S3, will have very good battery life, due to these quad cores being very efficiencient. And that's not hard to believe, I think the S2 is one of the best current phones with great battery life.
 
It sounds nice but at this point anything smaller than the Note seems irrelevant to me.
Having just seen my first note in person on friday (old lady at the theater had it out before the movie), it really is fucking huge.
With on screen buttons I might consider a 5.2", but without not a chance. Too big for a pocket, not big enough to call it a tablet.
 
Samsung will officially reveal the Galaxy SIII soon, I heard April, to early May, and it will go on sale worldwide shortly after announcement. Now as to the U.S. version ? Who knows.

My bet is the international GSM version goes on sale worldwide in late May / early June. And the U.S. sees it maybe July, but most likely August / September.
 
Last edited:
Having just seen my first note in person on friday (old lady at the theater had it out before the movie), it really is fucking huge.
With on screen buttons I might consider a 5.2", but without not a chance. Too big for a pocket, not big enough to call it a tablet.

it fits my pockets....and there's always a hip holster type thing, carry it horizontal, not a huge deal
 
I am curious the physical size of the Galaxy SIII ?

I think my Galaxy-Nexus is as big as I ever want a phone to be, a bit smaller would be better with me. I heard that the SIII will have a larger screen like 4.7"/4.8" but in a smaller physical package, due to the bezel being very thin wrapping around the whole phone.

On my Nexus, the top and bottom are still pretty big above the screen, I know they need room to put the radios, and hardware, but if they could get those bezels cut in half almost, the phone would be shorter and more compact.

My perfect sized phone would be a 4.5" screen, with super thin bezel wrapping around it.
 
I'm looking to upgrade my aging iPhone 4 to either this or an HTC One XL. If the One XL is out in a couple of weeks as is rumored and the SIII doesn't come out in the US for months, I don't think it's worth the wait.
 
LG 4X will be your phone then :)

the upper and lower bezel on the LG 4X are huge and the side bezel is no thinner than my Samsung Charge bro....

i would do with a 4.5" screen if it went edge to edge screen

THATS what would dominate the market if it were built well and all that comes with that, a bezel-less 4.5" screen......
 
Back
Top