Galaxy S broken screen..

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

Well I broke my screen today, I accidentally applied too much pressure on the phone while lifting myself up and it cracked the screen, something serious. It appears to just be the screen on top, as I can feel the cracks. The "picture" under the cracks still looks good, so I think the "LCD" part of the screen is alright, also I can still use the touch features of the phone with no issue so I'm confident the touch part of the screen is alright also.

I'm confident with taking the phone apart and replacing it myself, it's the same phone as the Verizon Fascinate. My actual model is the Samsung Galaxy S Showcase, from Cellular South but as far as I know it's the exact same as the Verizon Fascinate.

So my questions are:
Exactly what piece do I need to search for?
Instructions on how to take the Galaxy S apart? (Found a youtube video)

Would rather not purchase from ebay, if I can help it. Would rather order from an online retailer that sells parts, unless they are just ridiculously expensive.

Why not just take it to the store you bought it from (assuming it's under warranty) and try to get a replacement?

I only recommend this because the same thing happened to a friend of mine who had an iPhone 4 and he just took it to the apple store and the guy literally just looked at the phone went "hmm, brb" and gave him a brand new iPhone 4.

theres a BIG difference between apple warranty support and Samsung... one is SHIT..... guess which one?

Well I can try taking it back to them, but I'm almost 100% positive they will just tell me they can't do anything.

This isn't the first time I broke my screen, last time was due to a car accident. Took the phone to Cellular South to see if they would help me get it fixed and they referred me to this local shop that repairs phones called Cellular Surgeon, $200 later my phone was fixed. This is when I learned that the Fascinate/Verizon version of the phone is the exact same as the Showcase/Cellular South version since my screen now has the Verizon logo displayed on it instead of Cellular Souths.

I am very confident that I can replace the screen myself as I took it completely apart a while back to see about swapping out the camera for one with a front facing camera, only to learn that it physically wont fit due to the headphone jack location.

I'm in a hotel room on a small 15" laptop right now searching around. I remember finding a few sites a while back that sold parts for the Galaxy S, since I was looking to buy the front facing camera. Once I get home, I'm gonna get on my desktop to see if I may have saved some of those sites in my favorites.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It will take a few days to get money into my paypal account to pay for it, where as I want to order and have it shipped today. I'm on my way back home now, should be there in about ~6 hours. So I'd like to have it ordered sometime today before I have to go back to work.

It will take a few days to get money into my paypal account to pay for it, where as I want to order and have it shipped today. I'm on my way back home now, should be there in about ~6 hours. So I'd like to have it ordered sometime today before I have to go back to work.

Paypal will pull the funds from your bank account when you make a purchase. The funds don't have to be in paypal account first.

Back