Galaxy Note II screen latency?

I will destroy you in any game, but that is why I have a desktop, I don't like laggy input.

You need to stop trying to game on your cellphone, one day the lag you speak of will be gone. For now, deal with it!
 
This is the type of thread that just needs to be skipped so we can remain blissfully ignorant. Do I notice it? Yes. Does it bother me? I don't let it. Instead I focus on the biggest screen in a phone, the most excellent contrast I've seen, the fantastic S-Pen and its features, the 3100 mah battery, the quad core, the relatively loud speaker, etc.

Take this w/ a grain of salt however as I game on a 5 year old 16ms g2g, input lagging, IPS that is solely responsible for my terrible k/d ratio in BF3. :D
 
I will destroy you in any game, but that is why I have a desktop, I don't like laggy input.

You need to stop trying to game on your cellphone, one day the lag you speak of will be gone. For now, deal with it!

Well, maybe you're the kind of guy that abandons as soon as he meets any difficulty, i'm not.
You're not compeled to force others to be like you, i don't see any benefits for you to try stopping poeple from trying to solve things that are annoying.

I'm not looking for being a PGM on my phone, i'm playing casually on it.
But for example, if i wanna play Mario 64 decently on my expensive phone i worked so hard to pay, and that i need a good input lag to enjoy it, that's my problem, if it's not yours, just leave.


This is the type of thread that just needs to be skipped so we can remain blissfully ignorant. Do I notice it? Yes. Does it bother me? I don't let it. Instead I focus on the biggest screen in a phone, the most excellent contrast I've seen, the fantastic S-Pen and its features, the 3100 mah battery, the quad core, the relatively loud speaker, etc.

Take this w/ a grain of salt however as I game on a 5 year old 16ms g2g, input lagging, IPS that is solely responsible for my terrible k/d ratio in BF3. :D


Putting such a good hardware with such a big input lag just makes no sense to me. It's like having a GTX 680 quad SLI to play 640x480, it makes no sens.

If you like being a noob in video games with bad components with horrible persistance and input lag, why are you even reading this topic ? So yes, is you think this topic needs to be skipped, just leave it, like your super intelligent friend just over you.
 
Sounds like someone needs some anger management classes. ;)

I've got a life, i'm having big days (worked 25 hours in two days for example, and 9 more hours tomorrow), so when caring about my problems, i wanna be efficient. That's why i'm trying to get rid of poeple that are slowing me down by stupidly saying "your issue is not an issue for me so stop trying to fix it", and not bringing anything constructive, almost when next to that, some others, more open minded and/or thinking that this is an issue, are trying to help.
 
The only lag I don't like is the screen rotation delay.
Sometimes it annoyingly rotates with a slight axis shifts or it takes 2-3 seconds to rotate after the phone has been rotated.
Sometimes I have to shake the phone for the screen to rotate.

Otherwise the phone is perfect.

Make sure "Smart rotation" is disabled in the display settings. If that's enabled, every time you try to rotate the phone, it takes a few seconds to look at you through the front camera and decide if you're oriented with the phone or not. Since I've disabled that, my screen rotates within a second.
 
Make sure "Smart rotation" is disabled in the display settings. If that's enabled, every time you try to rotate the phone, it takes a few seconds to look at you through the front camera and decide if you're oriented with the phone or not. Since I've disabled that, my screen rotates within a second.

A lot better. Thanks!
 
Make sure "Smart rotation" is disabled in the display settings. If that's enabled, every time you try to rotate the phone, it takes a few seconds to look at you through the front camera and decide if you're oriented with the phone or not. Since I've disabled that, my screen rotates within a second.

Nice one dude !
I don't get the purpose of this tool : the only place where it could be useful is in your bed, but you're mostly in the dark in this case, so afaik, it just doesn't work. At least, unlike Apple they're trying to make new things, but it's crap, the idea is cool but it's not working well enough to be useful. And it drains a lot of battery. Just like eye scrolling on the SGS4, seriously... Isn't input lag much more important ?
 
I've got a life, i'm having big days (worked 25 hours in two days for example, and 9 more hours tomorrow), so when caring about my problems, i wanna be efficient. That's why i'm trying to get rid of poeple that are slowing me down by stupidly saying "your issue is not an issue for me so stop trying to fix it", and not bringing anything constructive, almost when next to that, some others, more open minded and/or thinking that this is an issue, are trying to help.

I stand corrected then. I wish u the best for ur long days. I'm sure it will pay off eventually buddy!
 
Hey guys who criticized input lag haters, please have a look at it, and admitt your were all wrong.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/21/iphone-5-touch-screen-twice-as-fast-as-android-touch-screen/

It's finally becoming known by everyone, partly because even a Ruzzle player can notice that there is a problem when playing on any recent android device.

Oh hey look, an Android flagship is beating the Windows Phone flagship.

I guess this is where all the people claiming that the Lumia has super low latency and is even more responsive than an iPhone come and admit they were wrong, right?

Also the Note 2 isn't in this test, so we don't know what its latency is. Latency is quite clearly an attribute of the hardware and not the OS.
 
PS : There is no need to test to see that it's at least 2 times less reactive than an iphone, it's just obvious by eye.

Agreed. I was not surprised at all when I saw that chart. iOS is not actually more responsive than Android, it's the hardware. Other phone manufacturers slap together a phone that should have the best specs, but are skimping on the most important part - the part the user is actually using to interface with the phone.

I think it's amusing that PC notebook manufacturers still are committing the same fatal flaw compared to Apple as well - shitty keyboards and track pads.
 
This is still a thread because it's ultimatebytes mission in life to enlighten us ignorant mortals that the only reason we love our Note 2's is because we're too stupid to realize how horrible the lag is.

Seriously, life in France must be so amazingly awesome if this is all you're obsessed with. Please, please ultimatebyes, aren't there any other things that interest you? This is literally the ONLY thread you've posted in since you've joined [H]. Take a spin around GenMay. There's some great people/topics going on in there that you might like. Just take a break from the lag issue. You worry me. It can't be healthy for a man to care this much about screen lag on a mobile phone.

Oh, God not this tread. I hate having to quote myself but seriously? Did you really have to necro this thread ultimatebyte? Life was so good around here. Like I told you before, it's been 6 months and you still haven't posted A SINGLE post in any other topic/forum other than this one. Talk about a guy with a singular mission in life. Well, at least you gave us a 6 month reprieve. There's always that.
 
I avoided this thread and never paid attention to it so as not to find something lame about my phone. But I had the chance to give the LG G2 a test drive and WOW, does the Note 2 lag behind, lol. It's horrible! :p
 
I think it's amusing that PC notebook manufacturers still are committing the same fatal flaw compared to Apple as well - shitty keyboards and track pads.

Actually, for owning a macbook pro, can tell you it has a lot of input lag with a gaming mice plugged on it (running OSX or windows), so the screen has input lag, and it's even worse with the touchpad. BTW my little Asus laptop has a slightly smaller input lag on the screen and no more input lag on the touchpad. Also, for having been using imacs all this year because of my studies, i can tell it also has input lag, even with a gaming mice set to 1000hz on it. The worst with apple computers is the mouse acceleration that you cannot remove without hardware tweaks... That's just to show how freaky they are bout the user's feeling about responsiveness.

@Johnny78 => Always a pleasure for me too.

@shadyqwerty => i watched this video, that's true, it seems a bit better than the note 2, maybe 1 frame less at the video rate, so 33ms less, wich is already significant, even if not enough, it's clother to the iprank. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBeFfWUdseI
 
The difference is not just a bit better, but INSANELY BETTER. So much so that I don't play certain games on it anymore. Its like an artificial handicap. :(

Side by side, the G2 would snap inline with your thumb while browsing, whereas the Note 2 looked like my thumb was attached to a rubber band and then the screen. I could easily see my thumb moving, then the screen moving. It was hideous. Sadly, the G2 had other flaws and was not the phone for me.

Now that I'm back to my Note 2, its not such a big deal anymore. I'm striving for prolonged ignorance. ;)
 
Holy crap. I scanned through this thread and you input lag deniers are really scary. Non nonsensical arguments. Get a grip.

I've seen the same thing when it comes to 120Hz and monitor input lag, psychotic deniers.

I have always been annoyed by the lag on my Note II, but I deal with it. I am glad to see threads like this because there is hope that next flagship phones will improve. At least apple knows what they are doing. Like the insane deniers, samsung has their head in the sand.
 
The difference is not just a bit better, but INSANELY BETTER. So much so that I don't play certain games on it anymore. Its like an artificial handicap. :(

Side by side, the G2 would snap inline with your thumb while browsing, whereas the Note 2 looked like my thumb was attached to a rubber band and then the screen. I could easily see my thumb moving, then the screen moving. It was hideous. Sadly, the G2 had other flaws and was not the phone for me.

Now that I'm back to my Note 2, its not such a big deal anymore. I'm striving for prolonged ignorance. ;)

Ouch. I do want to believe you, and i'll try it as soon as i can. The only bad thing is that the G2 seems to have a shitty software, is there no Cyanogenmod for it ? :p

Holy crap. I scanned through this thread and you input lag deniers are really scary. Non nonsensical arguments. Get a grip.

I've seen the same thing when it comes to 120Hz and monitor input lag, psychotic deniers.

I have always been annoyed by the lag on my Note II, but I deal with it. I am glad to see threads like this because there is hope that next flagship phones will improve. At least apple knows what they are doing. Like the insane deniers, samsung has their head in the sand.

Input lag is very important for the end user, people who don't believe it are just completely insane. 120hz monitors are amazing in terms of smoothness, but it doesn't mean they all don't have input lag, some of them still have some.
 
Some people get "touch lag" because of the amount of apps and/or custom launcher/display/transparency settings or whatnot. Android also suffers from the windows effect, too many apps/apks will slow down the smooth UI experience.
 
I don't think that's the case. It happens on a fresh install. Go test them @ your local cell shop. The difference really is amazing.
 
I get the impression the Note III screen is going to be just as laggy and am seriously considering the 5S.
 
Some people get "touch lag" because of the amount of apps and/or custom launcher/display/transparency settings or whatnot. Android also suffers from the windows effect, too many apps/apks will slow down the smooth UI experience.

Just read the goddamn thread and stop confusing yourself and potentially people reading you. It's been told a thousand times ! Latency isn't the same as not being smooth. We're talking about smooth as f*ck phones with a late display. Does it fit your little head ? :rolleyes:
 
I have a Note 3 & it is smooth. This topic is so trivial. The phone is smooth. I have never once said, wow, this phone has xxxxx milliseconds lag....it sucks.
Both the Note 2 & Note 3 are really nice phones.
 
I'm pretty sure it is, as even videos of the SGS4 were showing the same input lag.

I have a Note 2 and my wife has a GS4. I can tell you that there is a considerable difference between the two phones with input lag. When I drag icons around on the launcher on both phones, it keeps up probably twice as fast as my Note 2. It still lags behind a little, but not nearly as bad as my Note 2.

Not that I have a problem with my Note 2 either. I definitely notice the input lag, but I don't find it bad enough to impede on the experience at all, even in any games I play. And I've played with some relatives/friends iPhones enough to compare it to and know it's a lot better in this regard, but I still have no issue going back to the Note 2. But when I go to the Note 3, I know it will be just as good as the GS4 or better, so that's just gravy to me.
 
Thanks for all the input guys, I currently have a GS3 and while there is some input lag I'm okay with it, but was just curious about the new phones.

I definitely prefer having Android over iOS. :)
 
Back
Top