• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Galaxy Note 3 Watch Thread!!

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
9,778
As I started the Galaxy S4 watch thread with amazing success I would like to make this the official Galaxy Note 3 watch thread since it is the next big thing from Samsung.

Start your posts here folks!!!

The GS4 Watch Thread had over 37,000 Views Amazing. Lets do the same here and make this the information, rumor, etc... thread for this next amazing device.
 
Things to expect:
1080p
Removable battery
SDHC
S-pen
An assortment of sensors

Rumor:
S800
Pentile
5.9"
4300mha battery
3gb lpddr3
Lowest internal memory 32 gb on board

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff but those are the highlights.
 
I have read that the screen size will be increased, but I wonder about the physcial dimensions. The Note 2 is about physically as large as I would go as I could still operate it somewhat one handed for certain operations, but most times it was a 2 handed affair.

The S4 physically is slightly narrower than the S3 even though the screen is bigger due to less bezel around the screen on the S4 which is excellent.

Hope they can put the larger screen in the Note 3 in the same size or marginally larger physical body by decreasing the bezel area.
 
Things to expect:
1080p
Removable battery
SDHC
S-pen
An assortment of sensors

Rumor:
S800
Pentile
5.9"
4300mha battery
3gb lpddr3
Lowest internal memory 32 gb on board

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff but those are the highlights.

Perfect phone right there... not sure about Pentile though (as in, idk what that is or why I should care). I remember seeing a HTC One X in a AT&T store once and it had the most beautiful display ever. Much nicer looking than my Galaxy S3. Is that pentile?)

Samsung just released a update for the S4 which allows app storage on memory card... which I will be expecting in the Note 3.
 
S3 is pentile, you should care if you care about sharpness. Pentile shares pixels for color and it effects the clear quality of the screen. That One X screen was amazing, best of it's time!

I hope we get the RGB stripe of the note 2 on the note 3.
 
The Pentile issue would be user and PPI dependent. Many people comment on the S4 screen as being a non issue for them in that area including some people (on these forums) who are obviously not shy about voicing criticism towards Samsung and the S4 (so you can't really just attribute this to fan bias). I've looked at the S4 screen compared to the S3 screen and the latter stands out with issues on text due to the Pentile arrangement but I can't say the same for the S4.

The Note 3's PPI however will not be quite as high most likely so at this point I cannot say though whether or not it will be an issue.

The other rumors for the Note 3 at the moment relate to the camera. It may include OIS (optical image stabilization) which is what the HTC One and Lumia 92x series have which would mean a rather improved camera over the S4 especially in certain scenarios (such as low light which the S4 is comparatively weak in). The other out there rumor would be Optical Zoom but does not seem to be likely.

I wonder if they will have some improved functions related to the active digitizer with their closer relationship with Wacom. It would be neat (although not a factor for most consumers most likely) to have better hardware and software support to be able to use it like Cintiq Tablet.
 
Samsung just released a update for the S4 which allows app storage on memory card... which I will be expecting in the Note 3.

Ask and you shall receive. Great support by Samsung here. They're obviously listening to their customers and critics.

S3 is pentile, you should care if you care about sharpness. Pentile shares pixels for color and it effects the clear quality of the screen. That One X screen was amazing, best of it's time!

I hope we get the RGB stripe of the note 2 on the note 3.

I really don't think Pentile will matter much at 1080p/367 PPI @ 6", even when you take into account of the extra sub-pixels. But yeah, I do hope they figure out a way to squeeze an RGB setup in the Note 3 like they did on the Note 2. It did make a somewhat noticeable difference from the S3's display, but not significant, IMO.
 
I don't think pentile will matter much either, I just really liked the screen on the note 2!

It's really hard not to support samsung, since they listen to their customer base so well. I don't want my money going their often, but this year would be my first samsung phone in a while (personal at least).
 
The Note line of phones has always set the new standards in performance and specs ... anyone think it might be possible we could get a resolution higher than 1080p in the Note 3?
 
The Note line of phones has always set the new standards in performance and specs ... anyone think it might be possible we could get a resolution higher than 1080p in the Note 3?
I hope not and chances are slim, we just hit 1080p with phones, I don't think samsung wants to push to an obscure resolution.
 
Haha, sub 10" device with 4k resolution would be super bad ass. But also be a huge limitation!

I knower the adreno330 supports that resolution, but the tegra 2 supported 1080p also, terribly...
You have to start dreaming about the future more... LOL.

While I do believe that ~5" screen, 1080p is great. ~400 ppi goes beyond the point of reason on displays. I could see something like 1440 or 1600p display in those 6"-9" displays.
 
You have to start dreaming about the future more... LOL.

While I do believe that ~5" screen, 1080p is great. ~400 ppi goes beyond the point of reason on displays. I could see something like 1440 or 1600p display in those 6"-9" displays.

I think we could see 1440, that would be pretty sweet.
 
Can't believe I have to wait until the end of the year for this to come out. Actually, could be even later, since I'm on Verizon.
 
400ppi I can even see the pixels.... we need like 600+ ppi for me not to notice. I have 500fps gamer eyes though and can see the tiniest detail
 
400ppi I can even see the pixels.... we need like 600+ ppi for me not to notice. I have 500fps gamer eyes though and can see the tiniest detail

Hi, my name is Charles Xavier and I'd like you to meet some people...
 
So when is the Announce Date for the phone supposed to be? Some where I heard June 20? Is this even remotely correct? Is there something telling us that Sammy is going to release this phone earlier than the Note2 launch was last year?
 
Yes but when do you think they will announce it.

Announce and release can be two different items.
 
Hmmm.

Pardon the question....but ive never done this before...

If I were to get a Note2 right now. And then they put out the Note3. Can I trade my Note2 in for the 3 even though I just got the Note2 or do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can trade it in for a newer model?

Again, pardon the question, im just so far out of the loop, its a triangle :)
 
if you are on contract (well I guess it doesnt matter) you wont get a 'trade in' offer. If you want it but you just got a note2 you will have to pay out full price. You could sell the note2 when ever to help pay though.

And tango - im guessing august for release on att/tmo.
 
Back
Top