Galaxy Note 3 to pack Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor

...this device has the WORST headphone output I've ever heard. I was fucking shocked when I connected it via AUX today.I could have swore I heard actual fluctuations in the output, so it must be a software issue. They need to fix that shit, quick.

Luckily, Bluetooth seems to sound fine.

Hooked mine up to the AUX in my car today to listen to a podcast and noticed sound oddities as well. When I started listening to audible book, no issue. Might be a software dsp issue.

Loving screen, speed, battery and functionality. My first day with it but seems like the perfect replacement for my nexus.

For those concerned of the plastic back piece......are there any issues with using this case?

btw, this dude is funny as crap too...."From a 1-10, this is a go!" lol wth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kpn1UveCog
Skip to 3:00 if you'd like to not hear about the brass knuckle Iphone case....

I know this is for a Note II however, I am sure the same company already has one for the III????

And for 15 bucks on e-bay......not too shabby??

Last edited:
For those concerned of the plastic back piece......are there any issues with using this case?

btw, this dude is funny as crap too...."From a 1-10, this is a go!" lol wth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kpn1UveCog
Skip to 3:00 if you'd like to note hear about the brass knuckle Iphone case....

I know this is for a Note II however, I am sure the same company already has one for the III????

And for 15 bucks on e-bay......not too shabby??

The HunterF alu cases are known to not only break NFC, but also screw with strength of wireless signals FYI.

Don't they already have those?

They do its in limited quantities at the wireless stores. Apparently Samsung has QC issues with them as a lot of people on XDA said that when they found them and checked them out at the stores a lot of them were missing the pins or the pins were not installed properly so the function doesnt work.

Its also $60. One of the most expensive case I have seen.

They do its in limited quantities at the wireless stores. Apparently Samsung has QC issues with them as a lot of people on XDA said that when they found them and checked them out at the stores a lot of them were missing the pins or the pins were not installed properly so the function doesnt work.

Hah for $60 my phone can go naked!

My phone is naked right now. Waiting for my tempered glass screen protector and case to come in.
Not too sure I care much for screen protection, too many in the past has conflicted with the touch screen performance. I'm waiting on a good rubber skin to come out.

intrigued by the S Pen functionality with it, so I bit. Verizon finally had them available on their website (even though the local store did not). Will be here in a couple days, I'll post my thoughts.

It will be interesting to see. I went naked with my Nexus for two years without issue...

Not too sure I care much for screen protection, too many in the past has conflicted with the touch screen performance. I'm waiting on a good rubber skin to come out.

I haven't had any problems with the touch screen performance with my finger or S-Pen.
I'm sure it would be smoother if it didn't have protector or if I had a glass one, but for now i'd rather just have something to protect my screen from my keys and whatever else is in my pocket.

Just bought one of these off of Swappa, anyone know if I can pick up an extended warranty from Negri or Square Trade for it?

This really surprised me.

I can't imagine anyone else putting the Note 3's camera above the Lumia 1020 or iPhone 5S. But this is why I love MKBHD. Now I wonder if Samsung will bring all of the Note 3s image processing over to the GS4 with the 4.3 update. If they do, then that could be a considerable upgrade to the GS4's camera.

Quick question......

If I buy the T-mobile GN 3, can it work being unlocked on ATT?

I want to switch to straight talk soon and want a GN3......

So should I just buy an unlocked one meant for ATT??

I think I just answered my question :O

I've had my note 3 for a couple of days now. I'm uupgrading from a note 2 on an HSPA+ network to the note 3 on an LTE network. I tried ab iPhone 5s for a week before retuning it.

This phone is totally worth the upgrade. It's so fast(not just the network speed either, everything right down to the keyboard and scrolling through websites), the screen is amazing (except in direct sunlight where it sucks compared to an iPhone). The camera is great, I like it better than the iPhone 5s camera personally except for the flash which I rarely use. This phone has tons of great features that I have yet to fully discover.

Is anyone else getting micro-stutters while watching YouTube videos? It is definitely software related; I just threw a 1080p video with lossless audio onto my SD card and that plays without a hitch.

Is anyone else getting micro-stutters while watching YouTube videos? It is definitely software related; I just threw a 1080p video with lossless audio onto my SD card and that plays without a hitch.

Haven't seen, check your memory usage, if its full you may be getting the hitching from not having enough room in the memory.

Worth giving up my Galaxy S4 for the Note 3? I just can't decide...

If a larger screen, s pen and better performance is worth that much to you then yes. The form factor is something different, I would heavily suggest a trial run with one first before jumping ship from your s4.

Just got a N3 yesterday, my wife got my S4. I love this phone

intrigued by the S Pen functionality with it, so I bit. Verizon finally had them available on their website (even though the local store did not). Will be here in a couple days, I'll post my thoughts.

It will be interesting to see. I went naked with my Nexus for two years without issue...

just to follow up. i love the s-view cover. it is expensive, but i think it is well worth it. since the case replaces the back cover, you add virtually no depth to the phone. the front does a great job of protecting the screen. the s-view window functionality is cool, but not the best feature of the case. i also love how opening the cover wakes the phone, it actually is very functional. the leather binding also makes the phone feel higher quality.

as for the phone itself... i just love it. i came from the original nexus. at first the phone seemed incredibly large. after using it for a week with nothing sitting next to it, it just seems like the perfect size.

So I don't think I can own another phone without an ir blaster, dvr, htpc, receiver and tv control with one device to top it off Samsung's watchon app works pretty good..

So I don't think I can own another phone without an ir blaster, dvr, htpc, receiver and tv control with one device to top it off Samsung's watchon app works pretty good..

I haven't even gotten into any of this yet. Which app do you use to utilize it as a remote?

I haven't even gotten into any of this yet. Which app do you use to utilize it as a remote?

If you have DirecTV, I use DirecTV Remote+ (Pro) on my Note 2 and wife's GS4. If you have a phone that doesn't have IR (like my Note 2), it uses WiFi. But it has a volume plug-in app available to make use of the GS4 and One's IR blaster, which seems slightly more responsive and faster than controlling everything over WiFi. It works pretty well! I think it still uses WiFi to control the DirecTV box regardless, but it lets you control your TV through WiFi (if it supports it) and IR too.

So there's several of these on amazon.com, which one do I need to buy for use on verizon's network?

Took a few days to get used to the size of this phone coming from the S4, but now the S4 feels and looks tiny.

Rooted it the other day not to worried about the locked bootloader I kind of like the touchwiz interface, but if they come out with something like safestrap like there is for the S4 I'd at least try some other roms on it.

Got a Note 3 about two weeks ago. Yes, the phone is very large, especially compared to my old iPhone 4. It is a wonderful device though. Loving the screen, the additional storage available via microSD, the massive battery life, and just how incredibly responsive it feels during use. Personally, I'm finding that I don't have a need for a full-size tablet with something like this.

Now that I finally have the power and speed I lusted after in my cell phone, I feel like... there's nothing on Android to actually take advantage of it.

Now that I finally have the power and speed I lusted after in my cell phone, I feel like... there's nothing on Android to actually take advantage of it.

And it's only taken 7-8 years......

I really do hate when it takes so long for software and hardware to meet up finally and just be so beautiful together....but that's with all the phone OEM's, and OS's

And it's only taken 7-8 years......

I really do hate when it takes so long for software and hardware to meet up finally and just be so beautiful together....but that's with all the phone OEM's, and OS's

Well it took android a while to really shine. Qualcomm has been giving us great hardware for a while now.

Back