galaxy nexus idle battery drain

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
My galaxy nexus is rooted with aokp with franco kernal. over night if its on 4g when i wake up 8 hours later i gor from 100 to 68 percent and my battery stats say phone idle as the top drainer. I have tried wifi over night and i drop only about 8 percent. does any one else have this problem?

dude 4g radio drains battery more than anything else on the phone. Try connecting to your wifi or just put on 3g or disable data all together. See if those options help stop the big drain on you battery.

I ve been using my stock stock nexus gsm for 2 months now and I get 2hrs per 1 % with wifi on over night. I'm only getting 1% now per hr after installing bunch a apps . 4g does suck a lot of power

ok so check this out i went through 2 batteries in under 7 hours. i noticed it says awake most of the time?

Screenshot_2012-06-24-19-06-03.png

Screenshot_2012-06-24-20-33-44.png

Ok here are my phone stats aokp on franco kernal. during this time the first battery the extended one was used with 4g lte and the 2nd was on 3g. the first section of screen on time was navigation. and the very last part was when i was playing 100 floors. all the screen time in the mid is face book here and there and texting. I had my brightness to the lowest possible setting at 30 sec off time. i would close all my apps after every use. What is going on here?

You've got an app using CPU/resources while the screen is off. My bet is Facebook.

Trust me when I say it's definitely possible to get days of battery life out of a GNex....;)
Screenshot_2012-06-20-17-49-16.png

The problem is that it is a fickle bitch...

Back