Galaxy Nexus GSM price drop to $349

Does anyone know if these phones straight from google are still having quality control issues? I have been looking at picking one of these up as well but I was reading about some people getting poor quality screens a couple months ago.

Does anyone know if these phones straight from google are still having quality control issues? I have been looking at picking one of these up as well but I was reading about some people getting poor quality screens a couple months ago.

This is true...had a friend go through 2 replacements with google because his blue's were looking purplely(not sure on spelling). Good phone however.

Other than the crappy screen and terrible camera they are fine.

I'm coming from a GS1 pentile so I don think I'll mind the screen too much...I've heard less than praise about the camera too but it's something I can live with. I'm much more concerned about battery life-does the screen suck away at it?

I got mine a month or two ago and it's been great. No issues with anything.

I've got one, it runs great - and it'll be the first to get JellyBean 4.1 next month. The screen is really good, no troubles with mine.

Good phone; battery isn't bad; a little less than my Nexus One; but noticeably better than the VZW variant

It has a great screen and a more than capable camera.

This is true. I don't know what you're smoking to call the Nexus' screen "crappy". It's better than everything else out there besides the new SLCD 2s in the One X series and the GS III is only a slight improvement over it. The camera does indeed take decent pics in good lighting. Low light pics are pretty bad even compared to other phone cameras though. Still worlds better in every scenario than the 5 MP camera on my OG Droid that I came from.

Some of the camera apps in the market make the low light pictures much better. The stock ICS camera app sucks all sorts of balls. The hardware isn't the best but it's better than what the stock app churns out.

This is so tempting for GSM..but Verizon eh not so much. I heard there are some signal issues(maybe fixed, although some still have issues) and the battery seems to drain very quickly with LTE.

Back