Galaxy GTX580

chiu

Limp Gawd
I am tempted to buy a Galaxy GTX580, which is on sale on newegg.com. Can any owner of this card give me some comments about this card? Thanks.

Are you talking about the one with the Arctic Cooling Cooler? If so, I am currently using one in my main gaming rig. Pretty nice card, mine OC's pretty well at 930 core @ 1.12v and 2275 memory. Currently running 920/2250 at 1.1v. Mine ran a bit warm at first and found out that it had way to much thermal compound and the cooler was not making perfect contact due to the spacer pads on the cooler causing a slight fitament issue. Once cleaned up and resolved (removed pads) it dropped about 8C under load. Now temps OC'd do not bust 77C after an hour of gaming, at stock voltages and speeds it peaks at like 65C under serious gpu loading games like Witcher 2 or Crysis 2. Although I have to use a custom fan profile, the profile never goes over 30% fan no matter what causing the card to get a bit toasty if OC'd. FYI - At full fan speed it is pretty quiet, seems to be quieter than my old reference 6950 at 35% fan.

Back