Galaxy GTS250 (512MB) where is the spdif connection?

Camaroz06

Gawd
Hello All,

I am putting my Galaxy GTS250 in my HTPC setup. I want to run video and audio on one cable so I wanted to run the audio from the onboard motherboard sound through the HDMI cable but Im having trouble finding the spdif connection on my Galaxy GTS250. I dont have the manual and cant find one to download, also I have looked at pictures of the card and dont see the spdif connection that is pointed out in the pictures. This is the card in question:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162029

I do see a two prong connector between the HDMI port and TV out (behind the bracket and in front the cooler) is this it:

gts250.jpg

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Eddie

It will output sound via HDMI using Nvidias drivers automatically AFAIK. Works fine for me when plugged into my HDTV using only HDMI.

It will output sound via HDMI using Nvidias drivers automatically AFAIK. Works fine for me when plugged into my HDTV using only HDMI.

I had always though that you needed to connect the card with the motherboard/sound card since it didn't do any actual processing.

I had always though that you needed to connect the card with the motherboard/sound card since it didn't do any actual processing.

No it will work fine, just make sure in the control panel that Nvidia HD audio driver is installed and you're good to go, I'm pretty sure all it does it output the sound through the PCI-E bus to the graphics card which just sends it along without doing anything.

Back