Galaxy 8800GT 249.99 CAD

The two power connectors bother me as well.

Also, the 9.99 express shipping does not seem to apply for the states.

that's the reference design, the first post was the 3 phase power design, same as a gts ;)

So the 3 phase power design is better or worse? You can definitely see the 1st post has 2 PCI-E 6 pin connectors on the board. Will both be needed to power the board, or is it 1 is OK for powering and 2 needed if you want to OC? Does the OC'ed model they sell for about $35 more only have 1 connector?

It looks good because the cooler's most likely a lot better than the stock one. Plus they have like 80 in stock, not just 1-2 like most places.

So the 3 phase power design is better or worse? You can definitely see the 1st post has 2 PCI-E 6 pin connectors on the board. Will both be needed to power the board, or is it 1 is OK for powering and 2 needed if you want to OC? Does the OC'ed model they sell for about $35 more only have 1 connector?

I'm confused about this as well. I would think 3 phase vs 2 phase would be better in general, but I'm not sure about overclocking.

I bit as I doubt dell will ship my msi anytime this year. It should get here just in time for finals to be over :D

Yeah, my Dell XFX doesn't look like it's coming...........

So I bought the $250 version here with the nice cooling fan. I'm not quite sure on the differences, but I've heard the reference cards run VERY hot. Saw the fan on this bad boy and thought I want an 8800GT with GOOD cooling. Definetely fits the bill.

BOO to Dell :(

Galaxy did the same thing with the 7900GS video card. Had a Zalman cooler on it from the factory. This one appears to have a VF900-CU cooler on it. The only problem was that the only place I could find the Galaxy version of the 7900GS was a store in Australia.

Letter to Galaxy:

Please sell products in the US. kthx...

Supposedly this model has dual bios and a jumper to select higher voltage for better overclocking which i guess is why it has two PCIE connectors.

I bought one.

The three phase power and different pcb look good. Cooling is tons better, and I wouldn't worry about the lack of ramsinks even though some will point it out. I'd rather have them naked with airflow across them than trapped under a stock HSF with those god-awful pads.

Whats shipping charges like to the US from NCIX? If the Dell deal falls through Monday I might go for this.

Darn. Would have bit if they had a better warranty. (1 year, ship to China or Poland to RMA).

Back