Galaxy 3500MGB

Kil4Thril

2[H]4U
I snagged one for $60 new from a coworker. Does anyone know what printers work with the USB print server on it? Also, is there a manual I can download anywhere?

I found a manual, apparently this thing is the same as an IcyBox. I have 3 1TB drives coming (2 internal, one for compressed backup). Now, how do I set it up so someone can access only one folder via internet? I want to be able to send them a link and password, and that be the only place they can go.

I was looking for the same ability... the only thing I found is from the evil giant...
- I am afraid to use it!

===========================
FolderShareTM allows you to create a private peer-to-peer network that will help you to synchronize files across multiple devices and access or share files with colleagues and friends. You no longer need to send large files via email, burn them to CDs/DVDs and mail them, or upload them to a website.

FolderShare allows you to share and sync important information instantly with anyone you invite, making it the perfect solution for personal or small business use.

https://www.foldershare.com/learnmore.aspx

I found a manual, apparently this thing is the same as an IcyBox. I have 3 1TB drives coming (2 internal, one for compressed backup). Now, how do I set it up so someone can access only one folder via internet? I want to be able to send them a link and password, and that be the only place they can go.

Can you setup FTP on it? Because if you could do that, you could restrict the user to only have access to certain folders.

Can you setup FTP on it? Because if you could do that, you could restrict the user to only have access to certain folders.

I think so, but the last time I tried FTP, I couldn't get it working. I'll ask a shitload more questions after I have the stuff up and running.

Alright, this box sells under apparently 1.3 trillion different brand names. I purchased it as a Galaxy MGB Raid Pro, it also sells as a MacPower Taurus LAN, the RaidSonic, IcyBox 4220, and at least one other vendor.

The good thing- it works. I have it going now with my sig machine, one wired XP machine, one wireless XP, one wired Ubuntu, and I'll try my wife's PDA next week. If you are new to NAS and Linux, be prepared for headaches, or lots of Googling as the documentation wouldn't be worth wiping your ass on. There are some things I'm still working on, but if anyone has any questions (or suggestions) I'll try it.

Back