• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gainward Warranty?

beck192

n00b
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
50
Anybody have experience with them regarding their warranty services? What is it like, do they honor it? I'm thinking about getting a Golden Sample 6800GT from them...
 
I bought a refurb Gainward 5900 Ultra from NewEgg. It was DOA, so instead of RMA'ing it back to NewEgg, i sent it to Gainward USA. About 3 weeks later, I had a 5950 Ultra come to replace it. :)
 
Yeah their RMA service is pretty good. Too bad the Ti4600 I had was not. I rma'd it like 2 times and the last one crapped on on me with the same pink screen bullshit. Anyway. They have pretty much a no hassle warranty. Just watch it, I always got a guy that was hard to understand (Taiwanese?) if you need to call them :( .
 
Good stories. What is their warranty period?

I originally bought a BFG for the warranty, but after hearing how bad their cooler was I returned it. It gets pretty hot in the summer where I am sometimes, and after seeing red and white dots on my 9800pro when it started to heat up while playing Doom3, I don't really want to have a repeat performance. I hadt to turn all of my case fans to max (read: really loud) to keep the ATi sprinkles on my Doom3 donut under control. :p
 
Back
Top