GA-X58A-UD3R POST issue

wafffle

n00b
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
2
Please help or offer input if you can. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, or the wrong forum entirely, but I'm panicking. I'm quite a noob.

In short; I had a fully working system. Then the screens went black. Now it won't post or even initialize monitors.

I was using my machine in Windows 7 64bit doing some IM, Web browsing and downloading Steam updates. I opened a file called "UxStyle_Core_Jul13_x64.msi" which is the installer for a patcher for themes (I've used it before, I don't think it had anything to do with this). I didn't have time to click "I agree" when my screens went black. I forced it off after 30 seconds of non-responsive black screens. Now the rig won't boot.

I had an overclock

BCLK 166
Multiplier 23x
Voltage: 1.28v
All processor features enabled
RAM multiplier 10x
I didn't change the uncore

It idles at 35-40 degrees. I never reached higher than 73 degrees running an hour of prime95, or higher than 77 degrees after 20 minutes of IntelBurnTest on very high. This is on air cooling, a Scythe Mugen 2 in push/pull. Temperatures were normal, all less than 50 degrees when the monitors just turned off. I waited for 30 seconds then, moving the mouse, mashing the keyboard and finally forcing it to shutdown.

Now, when I press the power button, it turns on, but the monitors don't come on. The Phase LEDs light up yellow/orange/red, the Freq LEDS don't light up, and the NB/DDR voltage LEDs are yellow/green/orange.

I've tried swapping around the RAM, I've tried pressing the CMOS reset button. I don't think it's the graphics card. No power is supplied to USB. I've tried disconnecting hard disks.

I know I fried something. Is it the RAM, Processor or Motherboard? My next move is to get a speaker and plug it in.

Specs:
Windows 7 x64 / GA-X58A-UD3R rev.2 -FE / i7-950 @ 4.0ghz / Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 / 12GB (3x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz @1660mhz
 
Back
Top